Verizon LG G4 just received the Marshmallow update. I have already published the article to update Verizon G4 to Marshmallow. But if you are unhappy with the update and want to Downgrade Verizon LG G4 VS986 to 5.1.1 Lollipop stock firmware then follow this tutorial. I also published the method to downgrade international G4 to lollipop and it was very successful. The same method is used to downgrade the G4 VS986 back to Lollipop.
You may be aware that many users reported battery bugs on LG G4 and if so is the case with you then no need to worry because it is pretty easy to Downgrade Verizon LG G4 to Lollipop. All you have to do is download a Stock Lollipop KDZ file and flash it on the phone and the next time your when your phone wakes it will be running the stock verizon Lollipop firmware.
Downgrading Verizon G4 VS986 to Lollipop Stock OS
The Marshmallow is just released for the Verizon G4 and we all know that it might not be that much stable until it receives another OS update. I you have update your LG G4 VS986 to Marshmallow and don’t like the update then downgrade for LG G4 VS986 Verizon is possible. So, all who want to downgrade Verizon LG G4 VS986 to Stock Lollipop OS from Marshmallow should follow the given instructions step buy step. Let’s start the process.
The LGUP tool will be used to downgrade G4 VS986 to Lollipop. Using LGUP is the easiest way to flash kdz file becuase you don’t have to go into download mode.
- The process is only for Verizon LG G4 model no VS986. Don’t try this on any other model. You should follow the step carefully in case somethings goes wrong with your phone then droiopinions.com will not be held responsible. Try this at your own risk. You don’t need root access in order to do this process. Thanks.
Necessary Instructions Before Proceeding
- Check the model of your phone by going to Settings>>About Phone>>Hardware Information. Make sure it is VS986 then proceed.
- Backup your important data like photos, videos, contacts, messages etc to avoid data loss for safety purpose.
- Charge your phone up to 70% to minimize power issues.
- Install LG USB drivers on your PC.
- Your USB Data cable should be working properly.
Download Required Files
Steps to Downgrade Verizon LG G4 VS986 to Stock Lollipop OS
Follow the steps to Downgrade Verizon G4 VS986 to Lollipop.
- Fist of all open the above link to download 5.1.1 Lollipop KDZ for LG G4 VS986. Download any of the file.
- Now extract the downloaded file if possible. IF it’s already kdz then let it be same.
- Now download LGUP flash tool on your PC and extract.
- You will get different files after extracting LGUP tool. Install both of the files on your PC. (install dll file first and then LGUP file)
- After installing LGUP, launch the LGUP flash tool on your PC.
- Connect your LG G4 to the PC. LGUP will detect your phone and it will be listed on the LGUP screen.
- Now to downgrade verizon LG G4, click on the Upgrade option, and choose file path. Select the KDZ file that you downloaded in the first step.
- You can also select Refurbish option and click on start but this will erase your data and you will undergo a clean downgrade process. This one is most suitable but you can select any option you want. Both works fine.
- Now after all the above steps are done, press the Start button to begin the process and wait till the installation of the firmware completes.
- Your phone will automatically reboot after the completion. Wait till the homescreen shows up. First boot-up may take some time.
If you Get Stuck In LG Logo: Follow the instructions on that link if you are stuck at start-up screen or LG Logo. (Fix LG G4 Stuck On LG Logo)
You are succeeded to Downgrade Verizon LG G4 VS986 to 5.1.1 Lollipop. Comment below if you have problems. Please share it and subscribe. Sharing buttons are below and subscription box is at the end.