A good news for Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge users. Samsung just started a program “Galaxy Beta Program” to release the beta version of Android 6.0 Marshmallow to the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge. Galaxy S6 and S6 edge users can now Install and Run 6.0 Marshmallow Beta on Galaxy S6/S6 edge. Android 6.0 Marshmallow beta program is available only in UK to all the users who own Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 edge. You can join the Marshmallow beta program to check and enjoy the new Marshmallow OS by following the instructions below. The program is available to the users only in UK that have the Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 edge and have 5.1.1 Lollipop OS running in their device with BTU product code. Users who live outside UK or their Galaxy S6/S6 edge does not have BTU 5.1.1 Lollipop OS can not become a part of this program. However if you don’t live in UK or your Galaxy S6/S6 edge does not have BTU 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware then there is a way through which you can step in Marshmallow Beta plan and test the new Marshmallow OS.
I will show both the Users who live in UK and outside UK that how to Install and Run 6.0 Marshmallow Beta on Galaxy S6/S6 edge. The instructions and procedure is given below. Android 6.0 Marshmallow is packed with completely new, fresh and amazing features and functions. It is completely different from the previous OS versions. The UI is changed, animations are new and improved, new battery features are introduced, OS is now more stable and smooth, apps interface, performance, smoothness, overall response is enhanced in the new Marshmallow update.
Install and Run 6.0 Marshmallow Beta on Galaxy S6/S6 edge, Steps
To install and run the Marshmallow beta on Galaxy S6/S6 edge, follow the instructions below.
- Before proceeding check the model of your Galaxy S6 or S6 edge. Go to Settings>>About Phone>>Model No to see the model no of your phone.
- If you have a Galaxy S6 then its model no should be SM-920F. Make sure your device is unlocked and carrier free.
- For Galaxy S6 edge, the model no should be SM-G925F. Make sure it is unlocked and carrier free.
For UK Users/ 5.1.1 BTU Lollipop Firmware
- After confirming the model no of your phone you have to confirm the firmware product of your phone. Go to settings>>About Phone. Check the Build No or Baseband Version in the About phone section and see that if there is BTU code in any of the files. If BTU is present then proceed.
- Now after doing the above process. Go to Google Play Store and download the Galaxy Care app on your phone.
- Open the Galaxy Care application and agree to its terms and conditions and then tap on the Next button to enter into main screen.
- There will be a slider on the top of the screen showing different news. Swipe it until you see the news “Participate Galaxy Beta Program”.
- Tap on the Join present next to it. After that tap on the Registration option present at the bottom and agree to their terms and conditions. You are all set now. Your application will be reviewed and soon you will get the Marshmallow Beta update on your device.
By doing the above process you can participate in Galaxy Beta Program and enjoy the new Marshmallow beta version on your Galaxy S6 or S6 edge.
For Users outside UK or who don’t have BTU Firmware
The users who live outside UK or don’t have a BTU 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware running on their device can also participate in Galaxy Beta Program. But first they have to install the BTU lollipop firmware on their Galaxy S6/S6 edge. Follow the instructions below to install the BTU lollipop Firmware on Galaxy S6/S6 edge and Install and Run 6.0 Marshmallow Beta on Galaxy S6/S6 edge.
- First of all install the UK released BTU 5.1.1 Lollipop Firmware on your Galaxy S6/S6 edge by following the link below.
- After you updated your phone to UK 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware follow the below instructions.
- Download the Galaxy Care app from the Google Play store on your phone.
- Open the Galaxy Care app and agree to their terms and conditions and then tap on the next button to get into main screen.
- You will see a Slider on the top with different news. Swipe the slider until you see the “Participate Galaxy Beta Program” news.
- Now tap on the Join button present next to Participate Galaxy Beta program. Then tap on the Registration button and agree the terms and conditions. All is set now. Your application will be reviewed and soon you will receive the Android 6.0 Marshmallow Beta version update on your Galaxy S6/S6 edge.
By doing the above process you can run 6.0 Marshmallow Beta on Galaxy S6/S6 edge. If you have any problems then comment below. Also give your feedback if you get your hands on Android 6.0 Marshmallow Beta. Hope you like our tutorial. Please like and share it.