For One Plus 3 the company has recently released the OxygenOS 3.5.6, a new beta community build. It includes key changes including a major security path. Though, OnePlus 3 is discontinued to make way for the OnePlus 3T but the company is working on software update.
OxygenOS Open Beta
This build 3.5.6 (OxygenOS Open Beta 7), is not based on Android 7.0 Nougat, which is expected to roll out in December. It includes one update the Android security patch, launched this November. There are no major improvements but there are noticeable improvements.
Some of them are, beta build has a new audio tuner functionality and it can be accessed by going to the sound option in the Settings menu. The updated OS build is also shipping with an app-freezing mechanism that works in the background. Some UI tweaks include a new accent color and a visual redesign of the native clock app.
Most importantly Bug are fixed (like launcher crashing issue) and OxygenOS 3.5.6 will have more stable performance overall. After the update OnePlus 3 owners will notice that persistent black screen in horizontal orientation is already fixed (follows when exiting a game).
Carefully read the following instructions, if you feel uncomfortable following the Flashing steps, don’t do it.
During flashing you may lose your data, so, backing up all your important personal data is recommended.
If you are on OxygenOS and using the original OnePlus 3 Oxygen Recovery it’s good but if you’re on some other Rom then you’ll need TWRP.
We haven’t tried this on rooted devices. If you flash this community build, you’ll receive community OTAs (but not official OTAs).
If you are facing issues with downloading OxygenOS 3.5.6 set your VPN to Germany or to countries where the file is available. After downloading the file, follow these steps;
1. First of all you need to Install the required adb files on your computer.
2. Set up ADB on your PC/Mac then enter into OnePlus 3 Recovery Mode. Turn your phone off and then turn the device on with the power and volume down buttons pressed simultaneously.
3. Once you see the Recovery screen, choose the Install from USB option. The system will notify you with this message:
“You are in sideload mode.”
4. Now, Connect your device to a Mac or PC. Once done, open command window and run the following commands in the command prompt/terminal:
Windows : “adb sideload “
Mac/Linux : “./adb sideload “
5. Your device will start updating and will automatically be rebooted when the flashing is done.
You have successfully flashed OxygenOS 3.5.6 on your OnePlus 3, Now OnePlus 3s will no longer receive official OTA updates. They will only receive community OTAs. If you want to receive official OTA updates, you will have to clean wipe your device.