Lg G3 has officially received Android 6.0 Update . Marshmallow is the latest Android version with bunch of new features and better performance. Lg always keeps on updating its Flagships to latest Android version. Here in the succeeding article we will show you proper method to root your Lg G3.
We will use ADB and Fastboot method to root LG G3 D855 on Marshmallow 6.0 firmware. So, you should know how to use and set up ADB and Fastboot.
Rooting an android
Rooting an android completely opens Android and makes it faster with cool features. Rooting automates everything on Android and speed ups the phone . After rooting you can block ads in any app , you can make incompatible apps compatible and also you can flash Custom ROMs. These are the reasons for which you should root your Android device.
- This method is only for LG G3 D855. Do not try this on any other model. This method is recommended for advance users only not for beginners. If some thing happens with your device then Droidopinions.com should not be held responsible. So, try this at your own risk only. Rooting is an unofficial process. Thanks
Root LG G3 D855 on Marshmallow 6.0
Your are now using Android 6.0 Marshmallow on G3 so rooting your Lg G3 is very easy. Follow the instructions, first of all you will need to download these files
Extract the TWRP recovery but not the Super Su file.
Step-1 Install TWRP
Unzip the TWRP and and copy recovery.img it to the internal storage. After doing that type the following commands and make sure that ADB server is running on your computer.
dd if=/dev/zero/ of=/dev/block/platfor
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/BL
Adb reboot recovery
Now after installing TWRP on your LG G3 the second step is to install SuperSU 2.65 to root your LG G3 .
Step-2 Installing SuperSU 2.65
Move the Super SU .zip file that ypu downloaded earlier to your phone storage and follow the steps
- To install SuperSU Complete switch off your LG G3 wait for vibration.
- Now press and hold volume down+power button. Soon Lg logo will appear, now release the buttons and again hold the same buttons. Now you are in TWRP.
- Tap install here and select the SuperSU 2.65 beta zip which you had recently copied to SD card and tap install button.
- Wait for the installation to complete, when done reboot your LG G3. You will see Super user app in app drawer.
Congrats you have successfully rooted your LG G5 on Marshmallow. Hope you like our tutorial to Root LG G3 D855 on Marshmallow 6.0. If you have any questions then ask in the comments section below. Please share it and subscribe to our blog. Sharing buttons are below and subscription box is at the end.