Samsung Note 3 is a smartphone with 5.7 inches super AMOLED display, it has a quad core krait processor with 3GB of Ram memory. Its primary camera is 13MP and secondary 2MP. It comes with 4.3 jellybean and is upgradable to Lollipop but now Note 3 users can enjoy and update Galaxy Note 3 to Marshmallow CM13 custom rom. This update is an unofficial but its worth trying it because CM custom ROM developers work hard to give the users a beautiful experience with their custom ROMs. CM13 firmware is based on AOSP so you don’t need to worry about compatibility issue, all features and functions will perform accurately.
Flashing custom roms need a rooted device with recovery installed on it like clockworkmod and TWRP recovery. Rooting Android device is a bit risky process but if you are aware of custom roms installation it is a piece of cake and if you are a newbie do it under the supervision of someone familiar with it. Follow this guide to update Note 3 to Marshmallow CM13.
Before proceeding to update Galaxy Note 3 to Marshmallow Cm13 Custom rom keep this instructions into account.
- Install Samsung USB drivers for your PC because you’ll be connecting your device with computer.
- Create a backup of all your important data like your Apps backup, contacts, Text data and other multimedia files.
- Enable USB debugging, go to settings > developers options > enable USB debugging. If you don’t see developers options in settings enable it in About Phone option by tapping build number for seven times.
- Fully Charge your phone or at least more than 70% so you may not face any power shortage problem.
This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 3, do not try this on any other device or else you may result in bricking your device. Flashing custom ROMs is unofficial and Voids device’s warranty so do it on your own Risk because in case of any mishap neither we droidopinions.com nor company will take responsibility. This method works with all models of Galaxy Note 3 which have snapdragon processor.
Download Required Files
Download these files on your PC as they write high internet speed.
CM13 Marshmallow for Note 3 (Any model with snapdragon processor)
Update Galaxy Note 3 to Marshmallow CM13 Rom, Steps
- Transfer the above downloaded files to your device by connecting it with your PC via USB cable.
- After copying the files unplug your Note 3 and turn it off.
- Make sure your device is completely switched off and now boot it into recovery mode (press and hold volume up + home + power button simultaneously and Release when logo appears) to get into recovery mode.
- In recovery mode first of all create a Nandroid backup (Advanced > backup and restore > backup to SD card. Navigate up and down with volume button and select by power button.
- Now factory reset your Galaxy Note 3 by selecting wipe data factory reset option.
- After that clear cache partition (wipe cache partition) and also Dalvik Cache in advanced options. Not all the recoveries are alike so use your common sense and look for similar options to continue the process.
- Now start installing custom ROM and Gapps, for this, select install zip from sd card option and then choose zip from SD card and find CM13.Zip file and select it now tap install.
- Wait for completion and again choose zip and install but this time Gapps.zip.
- You are all done, now reboot your device from main recovery menu.
- Sit back and relax, first boot up will take some time and if it is stuck in bootloop reboot it into recovery mode perform a factory reset and reboot it now hopefully you will see marshmallow on your device.
Hope you like our tutorial to update Galaxy Note 3 to Marshmallow Cm13 rom. If you have any problems let us know in the comments. Please share it and subscribe. Sharing buttons are below and subscription box is at the end. Bye!!