The one of the most popular Android Phone from 2011 and one of my favorite, Galaxy S2 can be updated to the 5.1.1 Lollipop via a custom rom. In this post i will show you how to Update Galaxy S2 I9100 to 5.1.1 Lollipop via Fusion Rom. The galaxy S2 was released way back in 2011 and it was the best Android Phone at that time. The device came with the OS 2.3.4 Gingerbread and got the two official updates of 4.0.4 Icecream sandwich and 4.1.2 Jellybean. The jelly bean was the final update for Galaxy S2 and this device will not get any further official updates. This is the part where most of the users get disappointed of their phone but guys we always an option to install the custom Roms on our phone to enjoy the taste of new Android released Firmwares.
Android phones are famous for their customization and open operating systems so, why not take the benefit of installing Custom Roms. Today we are going to install the 5.1.1 Lollipop based Fusion Custom Rom on our old but but great Samsung Galaxy S2. Fusion Rom is very much stable rom and runs very well on Galaxy S2. The performance is good and UI is awesome. The process to Update Galaxy S2 I9100 to 5.1.1 Lollipop via Fusion Custom Rom is given below. So let’s proceed.
5.1.1 Lollipop Fusion Custom Rom for Galaxy S2 I9100
Now you can update your phone to lollipop through Fusion Rom. The rom is pretty stable and runs smoothly on Galaxy S2. For installing the rom your device should have any custom recovery installed. Without the Custom recovery you can not install the Custom Rom on your phone. The process should only be done by a person who is aware of this process and has done the process of installing the Rom.
The process to update your phone to 5.1.1 Lollipop is below. Please read the disclaimer and necessary instructions before proceeding.
- This process is only for Galaxy S2 with Model No GT-I9100. Do not try this on any other model. You should only do this if you are aware of this kind of process and are an advance user, otherwise it is not suggested for completely new user. If something happens with your device during or after the update process then Droidopinions.com will not be responsible for this. So, try this at your own risk. Your device should have custom recovery installed for this process, Thanks.
Necessary Instructions Before Proceeding
- First of all check the model of your Galaxy S2 by going to Settings>>About Phone>>Model No. Make sure it is GT-I9100 then proceed.
- Back up your important data like contacts messages, pictures and videos so that you may not lost your data if you need to reset your device. It is recommended to take full backup using custom recovery.
- Your phone should have custom recovery for this process.
- Charge your phone upto 70% to avoid battery power failure issues.
Download Required Files
How to Update Galaxy S2 I9100 to 5.1.1 Lollipop via Fusion Rom
- Download the Fusion Rom and Google Apps from the links above on your PC. Do not extract the files.
- Connect your phone to the PC and move the Fusion Rom and Google Apps to your phone.
- Now turn off your phone.
- Now enter into recovery mode by pressing and holding Home+Volume Up+Power button for few seconds and release when the recovery menu appears.
- In the recovery menu scroll down to wipe cache partition option and select it and confirm the task.
- After that scroll down to advance option and inside that option select and confirm the wipe dalvik cache option.
Note: You can scroll down and up by volume buttons and select by power button
- Now go back to the main recovery menu. Scroll down to install zip from sd card and select the option. Now go to choose zip from sd card and find the Fusion Rom.zip file that you have moved to your phone in the first step and install that rom by selecting it. Wait for sometime till the rom installs.
- After the installation of the rom, install the Google Apps.zip file, that you have moved to your phone in the first step, by the same process.
- After installing the Google Apps go back to the main recovery menu.
- The rom is installed on your phone and now select the reboot system now option to restart the phone. Wait for some time. At first start-up your device may take some time to show up the home screen.
Congratulations !!you have successfully installed the 5.1.1 Lollipop Fusion Rom on your Galaxy S2 I9100. Hope you like or tutorial to Update Galaxy S2 I9100 to 5.1.1 Lollipop via Fusion Rom. If you have any questions or problems ask in the comments section below.
If device Stops at Boot Animation
If your device is not getting ahead of boot animation then you have to wipe data/factory reset from the recovery menu. It is a common problem then most of the devices stuck at boot animation after installing the rom or official firmware. You can refer to the link below to solve this issue.
So that is all for today. Now time to go. Will meet you again with a new day. Bye!!
Please like, share and subscribe. Comment to share your views.