Official Marshmallow OS is now released for international Galaxy S6. Those who were impatient to run Marshmallow on their S6, their weight is now finally over. The update is via OTA only in some regions and will come in the other regions over some time but you can update your Galaxy S6 G920F manually through this guide if marshmallow OS is not released yet in your region. You can Update Galaxy S6 G920F to 6.0.1 Marshmallow official OS manually by following the instructions below.
You may be familiar with the new killing features of the Marshmallow. Marshmallow has really got some guts. It has many features, like new battery saving feature (Doze), app permissions, fingerprint support, USB Type C, Auto App Backups and many more. The Marshmallow OS for Galaxy S6 is superb. The performance is great and the stability is awesome. The full guide to update Galaxy S6 G920F to Marshmallow 6.0 is below. The method easy official.
Update Galaxy S6 G920F to Marshmallow
Updating Galaxy S6 G920F to the Official Marshmallow Firmware very easy. We will manually install the Marshmallow firmware on the Galaxy S6 through Odin. Odin is Samsung Official tool to flash firmware on its Android devices.
- Update Galaxy Note 5 N920C to Marshmallow
- Update Galaxy S6/S6 Edge to Lollipop UK Firmware
- Galaxy S7 Review
So, guys if you are willing to manually update Galaxy S6 G920F to 6.0.1 Marshmallow official OS then just follow the instructions. This method will work on any International Galaxy S6 G920F in any country.
- This method is only for Galaxy S6 G920F model. Do not try this on any other model. If something wrong happens with your device during or after the process then Droidopinions.com not be held responsible. This is the official process and firmware is official so if you have root access then it will be gone. Thanks
Necessary Instructions Before Proceeding
Before proceeding to update Galaxy S6 G920F to 6.0.1 marshmallow Os you should keep these instructions into account.
- Fist check the model of your device by going to settings>>about phone. Make sure it’s Sm-G920F then proceed.
- Backup your important data like photos, videos, contacts, messages etc because you may lose your data if need to reset the device.
- Charge your phone up to 70% to minimize risk of low battery.
- Your PC should have Samsung USB Drivers installed.
- Galaxy S6 G920F
- A PC or a Laptop
- USB Data Cable
Download Required Files
Download: Marshmallow Galaxy S6 G920F
Download: Odin Flash Tool
Download: Samsung USB Drivers
Update Galaxy S6 G920F to 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS, Steps
- First download the 6.0 Marshmallow OS from the links above and extract the firmware. You will get a tar.md5 extension file after extracting the firmware.
- Now download Odin and extract it too.
- After that, on your phone, go to settings>>developer options, scroll down to USB Debugging Mode and enable it.
- If you do not find developer options then you can activate them by going tosettings>>about phone and tapping on build no seven times. This will enable developer options on your phone.
- Now turn off your phone after enabling the USB Debugging mode.
- Enter into download mode by pressing Home+Volume Down+Power button for few seconds until the warning screen appears. Press the volume up button from the warning screen to confirm the task.
- Launch Odin flash tool on your computer.
- Connect your Galaxy S6 to computer. Odin will detect your phone and ID”COM box in Odin will turn blue.
- Now click on AP option in Odin and select the Marshmallow firmware (tar.md5) that you downloaded and extracted in the Step-1.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are checked in Odin.
- After you have done all the above steps, finally click on the Start button to begin the process.
- After clicking on the start button Odin will start installing the firmware on your device. It will take some time to complete the process so it is better to leave the phone free while it is being updated.
- After the completion Odin will show PASS message on the screen and your device will automatically reboot.
Note: If Odin stucks at any point then, unplug the cable, reconnect again and repeat the whole process
- Disconnect the cable from the device when it restarts and wait for some time. Your phone may take some time at first Start-up to show up the home screen so, wait till the home screen shows . And All Done!!
If you get Stuck on Boot Scree / Samsung Logo: If your phones is stuck on Startup screen or Samsung Logo then follow these Instructions. (Fix Phone Stuck on Start-up screen)
You are successful to update Galaxy S6 G920F to 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Head over to Settings>>About phone and confirm the new software version. If you have any questions then ask in the comment section below. Please Share it and subsctibe. Sharing buttons are below and subscription box is at the end.