HTC releases firmware updates for its devices in the form of large RUU files which are of the size of 2GB or more. HTC M8 and M9 have received official Marshmallow 6.0 firmware few months ago. The installation of the RUU files is easier than other devices files from various manufacturers. In this succeeding post you’ll be able to view method for installing RUU file for HTC One M9. We have listed latest RUU file for HTC One M9 which is based on latest firmware version. You can Update HTC One M9 to Marshmallow Official using this guide.
This software has two sequences of updates, first update will install software version 2.11.617.180 and the other will install the software version 3.35.617.12 . The first update lacks Android OS upgrade and second one includes upgrade of Android OS .
Warning: Your phone will reboot several times during Updating process so do not remove the charger or press the power button for long because doing this will stop the process of upgrading and may result in bricking your device . In that case we (droidopinions) won’t be held responsible for any damage to your device.
- This method here is only for HTC ONE M9. Do not try this on any other model. The process should be done by advance users only. If something wrong happens with your device durinng or after the process then Droidopinions.com will not take any responsiblity. So, try this at your own risk only. Thanks
Download Required File
1. This guide is only for HTC One M9 .
2. Set up ADB and fastboot on your computer.
3. Install the USB drivers for your HTC One M9 on PC.
4. Enable debugging mode. Go to settings and scroll down to developers options and enable USB debugging.
Fastboot method to restore HTC One M9 to Marshmallow
- First of all download RUU.zip file and without extracting it transfer the file to desktop or somewhere else where you can easily get access.
- Now setup ADB and fastboot on your computer and on plugging in the device accept always allow from this computer to enable USB debugging.
- Now switch off your device and unplug it from your PC , after that boot into recovery mode or fastboot mode . For entering fastboot mode after turning your phone off press and hold power and volume down buttons simultaneously. After few seconds you’ll see boot loader screen release the buttons and connect HTC One M9 with your computer.
- Now go for the RUU file in your PC and rename it to htc-am9-ruu.img , open it and hold shift key on keyboard and right click on empty space a pop-up will appear select open command window here and command window will open.
- After that issue this command in command prompt to check connectivity of your device
- Now to flash RUU file issue this command
htc-fastboot flash zip.zip
Firmware installation will begin now
Alternative Method to upgrade HTC One M9 to official Marshmallow
- Rename the RUU.zip file to “2PQ9IMG.zip” and save it to root folder of your SD card.
- Now boot your phone into bootloader mode by pressing and holding power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
- It will start scanning and automatically detect the file
- Now to start upgrading press volume up key.
- Sit back and relax after completion you will see Marshmallow on your HTC One M9 , first boot up will take some time .
This was the method to update HTC ONE M9 to Marshmallow Official. If you are facing any problem feel free to let us know in the comments section below. Also share it and subscribe to out blog. Sharing buttons are below and subscription box is at the end.