Apple Watch how to install watchOS 3.1.3 Update
Apple watchOS update failing or frozen? The new update is available.
Apple has released the watchOS 3.1.3 software update for all Apple Watch users. The release notes confirm that the update is focused on bug fixes and performance improvements as suggested by the version number. There was no watchOS 3.1.2 update, as Apple appears to have gone straight to watchOS 3.1.3.
The watchOS 3.1 was a bigger update that improved battery life after the major watchOS 3 release. WatchOS 3.1.1 was the previous public version of the Apple Watch operating system, although the update was temporarily pulled after issues with bricking certain hardware.
No significant changes or feature additions were discovered in watchOS 3.1.3, but presumably, it fixes the 3.1.1 installation issues that were bricking some Apple Watch Series 2 models, allowing customers who did not get a chance to download 3.1.1 to finally get the bug fixes included in that update.
Before Installation check these things
- The Apple Watch must have 50 percent battery, it must be placed on the charger.
- It must be in range of the iPhone.
- An iPhone running iOS 10 or later is required to download the new software, but it is available for all Apple Watch models.
How to download and install to watchOS 3.1.3
To install watchOS 3.1.3, you should first update your iPhone to iOS 10 or later.
1. Update your iPhone to iOS 10 or later.
2. Then Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi and launch the iOS 10 Watch app.
3. Make sure your Apple Watch is connected to the magnetic charger.
4. Now, tap on the My Watch tab.
5. Next, tap on General > Software Update.
6. Tap on Download and Install.
7. When prompted for, enter your Passcode.
That’s it, agree to the Terms and Conditions and tap Proceed on your Apple Watch to begin the download. The update will be downloaded and transferred to your Apple Watch and it will reboot to apply the update. Any queries? Reach us via comments, Thanks!