How to delete Stock Apple apps from the iPhone
Apple preinstalls a number of apps on every iPhone. Some of these are essentials that you wouldn’t ever want to be without like Messages, Clock and Camera. Others are just there many users don’t find them necessary. In Android we call them Bloatware and they can only be removed after rooting your device and installing an app. In iOS before iOS 10 it wasn’t possible to remove stock apps. Since Apple launched iOS 10 it’s been possible to delete some (but not all) Apple apps.
You can Delete these apps
Find My Friends
Watch app (unpair your Apple Watch)
Preinstalled Apple apps that cannot be deleted
Find My iPhone
How to delete an app?
1. Find the icon for the app you want to delete.
2. Tap and hold the icon until it starts to jump around.
3. Tap the X that appears in the top-left corner.
4. Tap Remove or Delete – whichever appears.
Note: After removing the app, its icon will disappear. Don’t do this if you need to free up some storage space on your iPhone. Because stock apps are part of the system bundle — some of them are deeply integrated with Siri, in fact — when you delete them, they aren’t actually removed — they’re just being hidden from the home screen.
How to re-install a deleted app
- Launch the App Store from your Home screen.
- Tap the Search tab on the lower portion of screen.
- Enter the name of the app into the search bar.
- You can also search for Apple, then select the developer’s page to see a list of all pre-installed apps.
- Tap the download button next to the result from Apple.
Don’t forget to subscribe below, Thanks!