How to Download YouTube Videos on Your Device
YouTube allows you to download (save offline) videos now but not all the videos are open to this option. YouTube has been designed to only allow users to watch and view videos on their website. If you do want to download your favorite YouTube videos to your device to watch them without being connected to the Internet. There are plenty of ways to download YouTube videos for free on iOS and Android. Below are the procedures you may follow to download YouTube Videos.
Download YouTube videos (Android)
- As this app isn’t available on the Google Play Store. So, you need to download it from unknown source. Make sure you only downloaded apps you know are safe and reliable.
- Go to Security Settings and Scroll to ‘Unknown sources’, tap the toggle to turn this setting on.
- Now Visit the TubeMate YouTube Downloader website and select one of the verified sites to download it from.
- You might see a warning message about downloading APK files, so click ‘OK’ to allow it.
- Once TubeMate has downloaded, run the file and tap ‘Install’, then tap ‘Open’.
- You can browse YouTube as normal until you find what you want to download, or tap the menu icon in the top right, select ‘URL’ and paste the address of a video from your web browser.
- When you watch a YouTube video in TubeMate, a bright green download button will appear above it. Tap it and you’ll see a progress bar, which tells you that the app is “parsing video information”.
- Now you’ll see a list of formats and different resolution options.
Download the highest possible quality versions, but remember that the higher the resolution the bigger the file. It’s up to you!
Download YouTube videos (iOS / Mac)
If you’re using iOS on an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch then here is what you need to do.
- On iOS, the trick is to install an app called Documents5. It’s a file manager, but it also happens to be able to download YouTube clips too.
- Find the clip you want to download in the YouTube app for in Safari. Once you’ve found it, tap the Share icon and then Copy Link.
- To download a YouTube video using iOS, copy the link from the YouTube app, then use savefrom.net and Document5 to save it to your device.
- Open Documents5 and look for its web browser icon (little compass at the bottom). Tap on that and go to savefrom.net. Paste the address of the YouTube clip in the big input box, choose the quality options you prefer and the file will start to download.
On a Mac MacX YouTube Downloader does the job. All you need to do is add the link and choose the quality options, and you can download multiple clips at once.
An Alternative (All devices)
Download YouTube videos using a web browser
There are many ways to download YouTube videos, using a browser. You need a web address, I’m talking about Wapmon.com.
1. Head to www.wapmon.com and search that video you want to download.
2. If the video you Searched for has the same name (as in YouTube app), you’ll see it at the top.
3. Select it and you’ll see the options. From the list, choose the format you want. We recommend MP4 for the best compatibility, and go for the highest quality – in this case it’s 720p. Simply click the link to start the download – ignore the flashing adverts around the page which are not download links at all.
4. Look in your ‘downloads’ folder, or click the downloaded video in your browser’s status bar to watch the video. If needed Re-name it.
Success? Don’t forget to Share and Subscribe for more tech stuff.