Samsung Galaxy Mega series was started in 2013. Samsung released two devices Galaxy Mega 6.3 and Galaxy Mega 5.8. These were amazing devices and also did well in terms of sales. Galaxy Mega has 6.3 inches capacitive touchscreen (SC-LCD) display. It came with Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 Dual core CPU with 1.5 GB of RAM memory. Internal storage options were 8 and 16 GB (external HDD card supported).
Galaxy Mega had 8MP and 2MP back and front Cams respectively. It came running Android Jellybean 4.2.2 and got Android KitKat 4.4.2 update. After that Samsung released no official update for the device but unofficial Lollipop and Marshmallow updates were available. Now you can have Android Nougat latest update on it by means of Custom ROM (CM 14).
Android 7.0 will boost your device's performance and you will really enjoy Android Nougat experience. So, now if you're interested in flashing CM14 ROM, follow our guide.
This ROM is only intended for Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9200/I9202. Do not try flashing it on any other device. Installation of Custom ROM is unofficial and voids device's warranty. If you are ready to take the risk you're welcome but if anything goes wrong during flashing we won't be held responsible. We recommend you to follow every step carefully and you won't face any issues.
1. Create backup of your important data including contacts, text data, call logs, Apps and other multimedia content.
2. Flash a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM before flashing the ROM.
3. Make sure your device has charging more than 60%.
4. Install Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
5. Enable USB debugging, go to settings and enable USB debugging under developer options.
Files to Download
CM14 Rom file zip link
Gapps for Android Nougat
Follow these steps carefully;
1. Download the files using links given above and connect your device with PC.
2. Now copy the ROM file and Gapps file to your device's internal storage.
3. Disconnect your Galaxy Mega device and turn it off.
4. Now boot it into recovery mode, To do so press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
5. You'll enter recovery mode, here perform a factory reset.
6. After that go to cache option and clear cache and Dalvik cache.
7. All done? Let's move forward and flash the ROM file.
8. Tap install option and locate the Rom file then select it.
9. Swipe to flash the ROM and wait for completion.
10. When done, flash the Gapps file just like that.
11. Now tap reboot option.
12. That's it, your device will reboot and it may take a little longer for first time, be patient. Congrats! Enjoy Android Nougat on your Galaxy Mega 6.3 and if got any queries, feel free to reach us via comments.