A growing horde of snoopers want access to your digital life. While some say they want to protect you, others don’t. Your iPhone and iPad Privacy settings let you control which apps have permission to access various built-in features. You can choose to allow or deny any request for access. These are the basics everyone should have awareness about.
Turn Off Your Location Services
- Go to Settings app from your Home screen.
- Tap Privacy > Location Services.
- Tap the switch to turn them off.
After doing that, Apps won’t be able to use your location for advertising or tagging purposes. In this same section, you can also choose when apps get to use your location by tapping the app and selecting Never or While Using.
Manage App Permissions
It means, you get to decide which apps can access other apps so that you’re always keeping your information safe.
- Tap the Settings app from your Home screen.
- Next tap Privacy.
- Tap an app and see switch next to each app to allow or deny access.
After Denying access to apps, they may end up functioning a bit differently or just requesting permission to access another app every time you perform a particular action.
Disable Ad Tracking on iPhone
Apple can see what you search for on your iPhone or iPad and may use that information to tailor the ads you see in apps to your browsing habits. You can turn it off.
- Open the Settings app > Tap privacy.
- Tap Advertising at the bottom.
- Tap the switch next to Limit Ad Tracking.
How to manage Analytics on iPhone and iPad in iOS 10.3
In iOS 10.3, Diagnostics & Usage has become Analytics, and you have several additional options compared to the older control panel.
- Go to settings and scroll down, tap Privacy.
- Scroll down and tap Analytics.
- Flip the Share iPhone & Watch Analytics switch on if you want to share analytic data from your phone and watch with Apple.
- Flip the Share iCloud Analytics switch on if you want to share usage data from your iCloud account with Apple.
- Flip switches for Share iPhone analytics, share with devs, Flip the Improve Activity switch on if you want to send health and fitness usage data to Apple.
Opt out of targeted Advertising
- Launch Settings and tap Privacy.
- Scroll down and tap Advertising.
- Tap Reset Advertising Identifier.
You can improve 4-digit passcode with a 6-digit or alphanumeric code. Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode, select Change Passcode and then tap the small Passcode Options dialog you’ll encounter. Alphanumeric codes are the toughest to decipher, so use one.
Find My iPhone
Enable Apple’s Find My iPhone in Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone. You should also enable Send Last Location in this way your iOS device will share the last place it was before battery life expires.
Any queries? about managing privacy settings on your iPhone or iPad, let us know down in the comments. Thanks!