Maybe you just don’t like instagram anymore or maybe you never did. Perhaps its about your user name or maybe you don’t know that you can disable your account without erasing it permanently. Whatever’s the reason you’re here and you want to disappear from instagram.
Well, you can delete your entire Instagram account. You can also disable your account for a limited amount of time.
There are two options for making your Instagram account disappear:
You can disable / delete it temporarily.
You can erase it permanently.
The main difference is that deleting it permanently will erase all your photos and videos. Suspending it will simply make your data invisible, you can come back to it. Here’s our complete guide on how to temporarily disable or permanently delete your Instagram account.
How to temporarily disable Instagram account
If you want to take a short break from Instagram, you can disable your account instead of permanently deleting it. You can come back and continue using the same account like before.
1. You’ll need to head to the browser version of Instagram, as it’s not possible within either the iOS or Android apps.
2. Log into your account on a mobile browser or computer.
3. Tap or click the user icon in the top right, then select Edit Profile.
4. Scroll down, tap or click ‘Temporarily disable my account’.
5. Enter the drop-down menu next to ‘Why are you disabling your account?’ and choose an option.
6. Re-enter your password.
7. Tap or click ‘Temporarily Disable Account’.
How to re-enable a disabled Instagram account
It’s very easy. You’ll have to head back to Instagram’s website and sign in with your account information, where it will then allow you to reactivate your account, bringing you straight back to where you started.
How to delete Instagram account permanently
Think Again! Do you really wanna do that? Once you’ve deleted your account, you won’t be able to sign up again with the same username, or add the same username to another account. It’s also impossible to reactivate a deleted account.
It is easy, follow the steps:
1. Log into your account on a mobile browser or computer. You can’t delete your account from within the Instagram app.
2. Go to the Delete Your Account page, which you’ll find here.
3. Enter the drop-down menu next to ‘Why are you deleting your account?’ and choose an option.
4. Re-enter your password when prompted.
5. Click or tap ‘Permanently delete my account’.
So, that was it! Deleting an Instagram account temporarily or permanently.