LG Stylo 2 Plus launnced in 2016 is a mid-range smartphone from the South Korean tech giant LG. It has 5.7-inch display and comes in a variety of variants. Some variants of this smartphone have 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution while some have 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. This phone is equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 CPU and Adreno 505 GPU. Also, 16/32 GB storage with 2 GB RAM and 16/32 GB storage with 3 GB RAM.
With the availability of TWRP recovery, you can now also root LG Stylo 2 Plus easily via SuperSU or Magisk. The TWRP can be easily flashed using the Android ADB and Fastboot method. If you use Android Pay, we recommend using the Magisk systemless interface to root your LG Stylo 2 Plus. With you can disable root access whenever you want.
This guide is only applicable for the LG Stylo 2 Plus TP260 and MP260 . Do not try it on any other device. Flashing TWRP recovery and rooting your LG Stylo 2 Plus will make the status of your phone custom. This will not let your phone receive OTA updates and it will also result in voiding its warranty.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs, text messages and media content.
- Unlock the Bootloader of your LG Stylo 2 Plus.
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging mode on your phone.
- Charge it above 60%.
- Download TWRP recovery.img file. Rename the recovery file to recovery.img.
- Download no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip and place it on your PC’s desktop as well.
- Download and setup Minimal ADB and USB drivers.
Flash TWRP Recovery and Root LG Stylo 2 Plus
Assuming that your device has an unlocked bootloader let's flash TWRP recovery.
1. Connect your LG Stylo 2 Plus to your PC now.
2. On your PC, open the Minimal ADB and Fastboot.exe file from the desktop. If you do not have this file, then simply open the Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder from the location mentioned above and open the MAF32.exe file.
3. Now in the command window enter following commands:
adb reboot download
Then to flash TWRP enter;
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Get Root Access
We'll use Magisk because it allows you to disable root access whenever you want. You need to install Magisk systemless interface first on your Android device and then we’ll install the phh’s SuperUser systemless root for Magisk which works with Android Pay.
- Install Magisk systemless interface on your Android device.
- Download and transfer the phh’s SuperUser .zip file to your device.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery, tap the Install button and flash the phh’s SuperUser .zip file from there.
- Once phh’s SuperUser .zip file is flashed, reboot your device.
- Download/Install phh’s SuperUser app from the Play Store.
- Install the Magisk Manager .apk file (download link above) to your device like you’d install any other APK file.