If you are looking for a proper guidance on rooting your Lenovo Vibe K5 and install a custom recovery Twrp on it you've come to the right place. After installing Twrp recovery you will be able to flash custom ROMs on your device like CM13 etc. Thanks to XDA developer Shreps for this work. Also rooting enables you to explore hidden features of your device, install incompatible apps and apply tweaks. So lets root your Lenovo Vibe K5, follow the guide.
This guide is only for Lenovo Vibe K5, Do Not try this on any other device or else you will brick it. Rooting voids the warranty of device so do it on your own risk and no one shall be held responsible for any damage caused to your device using the tutorial.
* Backup all your important data like apps, contacts, text data, multimedia files.
* Download and Set up ADB Fastboot on your PC.
* Charge your device upto 80%.
* Download Lenovo USB drivers on your PC.
Download these files
ADB Fastboot | link
Download TWRP Recovery for Vibe K5 | link
Download Minimal fast boot and install | link
Download SuperSUv2.65.zip | link
Download Twrp and Root Vibe K5
1. Download the files and connect your Vibe K5 with PC using USB cable.
2. Transfer the SuperSU file to the internal memory of device, unplug it.
3. Boot your Lenovo into bootloader mode, turn it off and then press and hold Volume down + power buttons.
4. Again connect with PC and copy the twrp.img file and paste it in mfastboot folder.
5. Now go to mfastboot folder and open command window there (hold the Shift key and right click on an empty space in folder) A pop-up will appear select open command window here.
Note : Rename the recovery file to (twrp.img) present in mfastboot folder.
6. Now to flash recovery enter the following command
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
You have successfully flashed Twrp recovery on your Lenovo Vibe K5.
1. Make sure you have transferred SuperSU file to your device.
2. Boot your Lenovo into recovery mode.
3. When you are in Twrp recovery menu tap Install option.
4. Navigate to SuperSU zip file and select it.
5. Now swipe to confirm fash and Flashing will begin.
6. When done go back and reboot your device.
That's it you will see SuperSU in app launcher which means your Lenovo Vibe K5 is now rooted on Android Lollipop. To confirm rooting install an app Root Checker from Google playstore.