Galaxy Note 10.1 is an incredible tablet from Samsung. It is the first tablet that is introduced in Samsung Galaxy Note series. Galaxy Note 10.1 was released in August, 2012. It was loved by almost all the peoples and was on the 1st number in the list of Top Tablets of 2012. Galaxy note 10.1 comes with a very powerful Hardware. It has a Exynos Quad Core 1.4 GHz processor, 2 Gegabytes of ram and 16/32/64 GB storage with an option of micro SD card. Galaxy Note 10.1 has an amazing features like multitasking, air view, note taking etc. The tablet has an S-Pen which is a default accessory for every Galaxy Note. S-Pen enhances the productivity of this tablet enabling it to sketch and take note which is very helpful for students and office workers. So, Galaxy Note 10.1 is a complete package of power, productivity, creativity and features.
Rooting the Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000
Galaxy Note 10.1 was released with 4.0.4 ICS and it got updated to 4.1.2 jellybean and then 4.4.2 kitkat. So,today i will show you how to root your Galaxy note 10.1 on 4.1.2 or 4.4.2. The method below works with both 4.1.2 Jellybean and 4.4.2 Kitkat. We will root Galaxy note 10.1 with the well Known CF-Auto Root method.
Rooting is a process which enables the user to get full access over his device. By rooting the device we remove all the software restrictions and get access over the sub-systems. An android geek can never live any longer without rooting his phone or tablet. He has to taste the joy of his device. By rooting the device we can install different custom roms, we can install the custom recovery on our device and we can enjoy all the apps that requires root access and many more.
This method is only for Galaxy note 10.1 model no N8000 only. Do not try this on any other model. This methods works perfectly on Galaxy note 10.1 N8000 but you may mess up your device if you do not do this carefully. If something wrong happens with your device then Droidopinions.com will not be held responsible for this. So, try it at your own risk.
Rooting the device will void your warranty. You should not try it if you are completely new to this. It is completely at your own risk. The CF-Auto Root file works only with GT-N8000 model of Galaxy Note. You can root both 4.1.2 jellybean and 4.4.2 kitkat firmware using this method
- A PC or a Laptop
- USB Data cable
- Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000
Necessary instructions before proceeding
- Verify the model of your Galaxy Note by going to Settings>>About Phone>>Model No, the method is only for Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 model only.
- Backup your important data like contacts, messages, call logs, apps, photos and videos so, you might not loose all your data if you need to reset your device.
- Charge your device above 45% to avoid power issues.
- Your PC should have Samsung USB drivers installed.
- Your USB Data Cable should be working perfectly.
Download Required Files
You will need the following files.
Samsung USB Drivers if necessary
How to Root Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 on 4.1.2/4.4.2 with CF-Auto Root
- Extract the downloaded CF-Auto Root file to get CF-Auto-Root-p4noterf-p4noterfxx-gtn8000.tar.md5 format file.
- Now extract the Odin.zip to get Odin.exe file.
- Now on your device go to Settings>>Developer Options, from there enable the USB Debugging Mode. If you don’t find any developer options in the settings then go to Settings>>About Phone and tap on Build Number Seven times repeatedly. This will enable developer options on your device.
- Turn off your Galaxy Note 10.1
- Enter into Download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down+Power buttons together. A warning screen will appear. Now press the Volume Up button to confirm the task.
- Launch the Odinv3.09 flash tool.
- Connect your device to the PC. The ID:COM box in the odin will turn blue or yellow if the connection is established.
- Now in the Odin click on the AP/PDA option and select the extracted CF-Auto-Root-p4noterf-p4noterfxx-gtn8000.tar.md5 file.
- Ensure that F.Reset Time and Auto Reboot options are enabled.
- Check the whole procedure again for errors.
- When all is set click on the Start button to begin.
- It will take some time to complete the process. When the process completes Odin will show the Pass message.
- Your device will automatically reboot after the completion, disconnect the device when you see the home screen.
Congratulation guys your Galaxy Note 10.1 is rooted successfully. Don’t forget to share and like. Enjoy
Check and Verify If you have Rooted your Device
If you want to verify that whether you have rooted your device or not you can search the Super SU app in the apps menu or you can download a free app called Root Checker from Google Play Store. Root Checker is a free app that verifies the root access of your phone or tablet.
If you have any problems regarding this topic just comment below in the comments section. I will help you out.