How to install Xposed Framework and Installer in Android Nougat
Xposed Framework is one of the best things happened to the Android OS. It was also one of the reasons, many people unlock and root their device. Xposed Framework adds support for tons of modules which allows you to add new features and options in your Android device. Not only stock Android, but It also works on custom ROMs based on AOSP as well.
Unfortunately, It is almost a year without an official update to Android Nougat Xposed framework. But don’t worry, the situation seems to change now. The Purify OS team has ported xposed to Android Nougat. It may not be official, but still, nougat users have got a chance to experience xposed on their device. Now, if you are willing to install Xposed Framework on your Nougat running device, read on.
- Device running on Android OS 7.0+
- Rooted device with custom recovery installed
- Preferably stock Android or Custom ROMs based on Lineage OS and AOSP.
- Backup your personal data on the device. Just in case!
- Xposed Installer Apk.
- Xposed Framework.
- Xposed Nougat uninstaller: Download
Steps to Install Xposed Framework on Android Nougat
Step 1. Download the Xposed Framework APK and install it on your device.
Step 2. Next, download the suitable ZIP of Xposed for your device from here. Select the zip file depending upon the arm version of your processor, that is, ARM, ARM64 or x86.
Step 3. If you don’t know the arm version of your processor, use a third-party app like CPU X : System & Hardware info to find everything about your device.
Step 4. Then, Reboot your device into TWRP, CWM or any other Customer recovery.
Step 5. In recovery menu, Tap on Install, navigate to the Zip file and then proceeding with flashing of the Xposed Installer ZIP.
Step 6. Next, “Wipe Cache/Dalvik.” After that, reboot your device.
Step 7. When the device boots up, Open the Xposed Installer app. You must see “Xposed Framework installed” on the screen. First boot after flashing the zip may take some time, don’t interrupt the boot process, be patient.
That’s it, Xposed Framework is successfully installed on your device.
Note: You may also get a notification that says “Xposed is not compatible with Android SDK version 25 or your processor architecture”. Don’t worry about it, this is a new ported version (Unofficial), and it is working fine.
Install and Activate Xposed modules in Nougat
- Launch the Xposed Installer app and head over to the “Download” section to see the list of all the available modules.
- You can download and install the modules as per your need and liking. Just tap on the module and select download.
- After the installation of the desired module, Go to “Modules” section in the sidebar. Then tick the checkbox beside the module to enable it.
- Reboot the device as requested and then activated module comes into effect.
While Android O is just about a few months away from release. Meanwhile, users can make use of Xposed modules to get Android O features on their Android Nougat device. If something is not clear or you’re having doubts, feel free to drop a comment, Thanks!