Official Galaxy Tab S 8.4 Lollipop Update (WiFi Version) Install Manually
So, How are you my friends !!!. I know Galaxy Tab S 8.4 Lollipop Update has been released and all the users who didn’t get it through OTA want this update on their tablet. So, be with us at this tutorial to update your Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (WiFi Version) to 5.0.2 Lollipop. Galaxy Tab S 8.4 was released in 2014 June and it is by far the best tablet that i have used in my entire life, the design, the looks, the features, the performance and the display of this tablet is simply outstanding and the best. Samsung has introduced the awesome Super AMOLED display in the Galaxy Tab S series for the first time. Moreover it is listed in the Top 10 Android Tablets in 2015 and 2014. The reason for its success is its fantastic design and display.
Apart from all that Galaxy Tab S8.4 is equipped with a very powerful hardware package. It has a powerful Samsung’s Exynos Octa Core processor (Quad-core 1.9 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7), 3 Gb of Ram and 16/32/64 GB of storage which can be extended by a micro SD Card. Camera is very good, 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels capable of recording 1080p video at 30 fps. Front Camera is 2.1 mp. The display of this tablet is super awesome with brilliant graphics and crisper screen. The reason is that it is equipped with super Amoled display. Resolution od the screen is 1600 x 2560 pixels having a ppi of 359.
Updating the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 to Lollipop
Galaxy Tab S 8.4 was released with 4.4.2 Kitkat update pre-installed then the official Lollipop 5.0.2 update was pushed out for it. Many of the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 owners got this update through OTA and they updated their tablet successfully but many others didn’t get this update through OTA. So those who didn’t get Lollipop update through OTA can also install lollipop on their tablet through manual installation. The process is pretty easy. Just follow the instructions below.
For Updating Galaxy Tab S 8.4 to 5.0.2 Lollipop should follow the instructions below carefully. Just follow the step by step instructions. Also read the Disclaimer.
New Changes and Features in Galaxy Tab S 8.4 Lollipop Update
- New improved UI
- Better Performance.
- Beautiful Animations.
- Better Battery timing.
- Better performance.
- Improved app response.
- Smooth Touch Response
- And much more,,,,
- This method is only for Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (WiFi Version) Model No T-700. Do not try this on any other model. This is an official method to update you Galaxy Tabs S 8.4 but you should not do this if you are completely unaware of this process. So, try this at your own risk. Also if something wrong happens your device then Droidopinions.com will not be held responsible for this. The firmware is official so you can install this in any country you are and you not loose your phones warranty but if your phone is rooted then you will loose the root access.
Device: Galaxy Tab S 8.4 Wi-Fi.
Model No: SM-T700.
Product Code: AUT
Build Date: 9 April, 2015
- Galaxy Tab S 8.4 WiFi
- USB Data Cable
- A PC or a Laptop
Necessary Instructions Before Proceeding
- Check the Model No of your Galaxy Tab S 8.4 by going to Settings>>About Phone>>Model No. Make sure your device’s model is SM-T700 then proceed.
- Backup all the important data like photos, images, contacts, messages, call logs etc because you may lose it if something goes wrong during the process.
- Make sure your PC Should have Samsung USB Drivers installed.
- Your tablet should be charged maximum (up to 60%).
- Your USB Data Cable should be working perfectly.
Download Required Files
Download the files
Note: For downloading the firmware you will need to make an account on Sammobile.
Galaxy Tab S 8.4 Lollipop Update WiFi Version, Steps to Install
- Extract the downloaded firmware. After extraction you will get T700XXU1BOD5 tar.md5 file.
- Now extract Odin v3.09.
- On your device go to the Settings>>Developer options scroll down and enable the USB Debugging Mode. If you don’t find any developer options then go to Settings>>About Phone>>Build No tap on Build No seven times this will activate Developer Options on your Phone.
- Now Turn of your tablet.
- Boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding Home+Volume Down+Power buttons for few seconds and release when the warning screen appears. From there press the Volume UP button. Like on the picture below.
- Launch the Odin as Administrator on your PC.
- Now connect your Galaxy Tab S 8.4 to the PC. Odin will detect your device and ID:COM box in the Odin will turn blue the successful connection.
- After connecting your tablet to the computer, click on the AP or PDA option in Odin and select the extracted firmware which is tar.md5 format.
- Make Sure that all options are unchecked in Odin except Auto Reboot and R.Reset time. These two options should be checked (ticked).
- Review the whole process again for any faults and errors,
- Now after everything is set, finally click on the Start button. The Odin will begin to flash the firmware.
- It would take some time to complete the process. When the process completes, Odin will show the PASS message on the screen. Your device will automatically reboot then. Disconnect the cable when you see the Home screen.
Note: If Odin gets stuck or fail during the process then unplug the cable and repeat the process again.
Congratulations!!! Your Galaxy Tab S 8.4 has now been upgraded to the new 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware. Go to Settings>>About Phone and see the new Android Version 5.0.2 Lollipop. So this was it. The Galaxy Tab S 8.4 Lollipop Update has been installed on your tablet.
How to Fix If you are Stuck at Samsung Logo
In some cases, after the update your device may stuck at bootloop or Samsung logo. So you have to do Data Factory Reset to solve this issue. You can do the data factory reset by doing following.
- Switch off the device if possible or you can also do this while on the bootloop screen.
- Press and hold Power+Volume UP+Home button, your device will boot into recovery mode.
- You can scroll down and up by volume button and select by power button
- Now scroll down to Wipe Data/Factory Reset, select it and confirm.
- After wiping data/factory reset select the Reboot Now option to restart your device.
By doing the above process you can solve the problem. If you have still any problem then comment below. Will help you out.
Thanks for following my guide guys, now time to go, bye!!!.
Please Like, Share, Subscribe and leave your comment about your thoughts.