Root your Samsung Galaxy J7 on Android Marshmallow
Samsung Galaxy J7 got Android Marshmallow Update recently and if due to some reasons it didn’t reach your device check for OTA updates. Anyway now on Marshmallow many of you might be looking for a proper root guide and here it is easy and complete guide to Root Galaxy J7 on Android 6.0.1. Rooting an Android opens up ways to hidden features and allows you to install incompatible apps. There are certain apps which require root access to work and that’s why rooting is necessary and very easy way to get most out of your Android Smartphone. Let’s follow the tutorial and root your Samsung Galaxy J5 on Marshmallow. After that you’ll be able to flash Custom ROMs like CM13 and Xposed modules.
This rooting tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy J7, Do Not try this any other device or you will brick it. Rooting voids warranty of the device so do it on your own risk. Follow the instructions carefully to safely root your J7.
- Backup all your data on your device, rooting doesn’t erase system data but in case something goes wrong, it is recommended.
- Charge your device at least 60%.
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers.
Download these files
Supersu.zip | download link
Odin V3.10.7 for PC | download link
TWRP 2.8.7 recovery | link
1. Download the files given above, extract Twrp file in some folder on desktop.
2. Connect your J7 device with PC using data cable and transfer SuperSU file to it.
3. Now boot your Galaxy J7 into Download mode, To do so turn it off, press and hold Home + Volume down and Power buttons simultaneously and next on warning screen press volume up button to enter Download mode.
4. Now launch Odin.exe on your PC.
5. Your device is in download mode using USB cable connect your J7 with PC, if the USB drivers are installed properly “Added!!” Message will appear on Odin window. If Odin didn’t detect your device, reinstall USB drivers and try again or try another USB port/cable.
6. Now click the PDA or AP button (depends on Odin version) and select the Twrp.tar recovery file you’ve extracted recently.
7. Make sure in Odin window only Auto-reboot and F.reset time options are ticked and then hit Start button.
8. The process will begin and now Custom recovery is installed on your device next step is to Root your J7.
9. Unplug your device and boot it into recovery mode, turn your device off and then press and hold Volume Up + Home and Power buttons together.
10. Now you’re in Recovery menu here Tap install option, navigate to SuperSU file and select it.
11. Now swipe to flash SuperSU and when flashing is done go back and reboot your J7. That’s it your device will reboot now and you’ll see SuperSU in app launcher which means your device is now rooted on Marshmallow. To confirm you can install an app Root Checker from Google playstore, any queries please use comment box, Thanks!