The new Android 6.0 Marshmallow Rom will be released Officially for some of the Samsung Galaxy devices but no one knows when. So, many users started to update their devices with CyanogenMod 13 Rom based on Android Marshmallow to get the taste of new Marshmallow firmware. In this tutorial you will also know how to Update Galaxy S4 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow via CyanogenMod 13 Rom (Unofficial). All the Galaxy S4 owners would be willing to enjoy Marshmallow rom on their device but as official is not available so, they can update their device with Android Marshmallow through CM 13 rom which is based on Android M.
This rom is an unofficial version of Marshmallow CyanogenMod 13 custom rom so, there will be minor bugs like malfunctioning of some features but it will surely fixed in the newer version of CM 13 rom. So, those who are interested in installing this rom on their Galaxy S4 can follow the tutorial below.
Updating Galaxy S4 to 6.0 Marshmallow via Unofficial CM13 Rom
As this is a custom rom so in order to install this rom on your device it is must that your phone should have a Custom recovery like CWM, Philz or TWRP. You can only install this rom on your Galaxy S4 if it has a custom recovery so if you have not yet installed a custom recovery then you should install it first and then proceed. Below is the link to install custom recovery on Galaxy S4.
Install Custom recovery on Galaxy S4
The tutorial to Update Galaxy S4 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow via CyanogenMod 13 Rom (Unofficial) is given below. Before proceeding, read the instructions and disclaimer.
The method here and the Rom is compatible only with Galaxy S4 models. Do not try this on phone other than Galaxy s4. This method should not be attempt by a person who is unaware on this process. Installing the rom is an unofficial process so you will lose phone’s warranty. Remember that Droidopinions.com will not be held responsible if any harm occurs to your phone during or after the process, Thanks.
Necessary Instructions Before Proceeding
- Before starting you must take a full backup of your phone using any custom recovery to avoid data loss if something goes wrong.
- The process is for Galasxy S4 models only ie, I9505, I9500, and LTE models. Don’t try on any other phone.
- Charge your device above 70% to avoid power failure.
- You will need a Custom recovery for installing the Rom. So, install the any custom recovery first on your device then proceed.
- If you have LTE model of Galaxy S4 then you should install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC because it won’t detect your device unless the USB drivers are installed on your PC.
Download Required Files
You should need to download the files below
CyanogenMod 13 Marshmallow Rom Galaxy S4
Update Galaxy S4 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow via CyanogenMod 13 Rom (Unofficial), Steps
- Download the CyanogenMod Marshmallow Rom and Google Apps on your PC.
- Connect your Galaxy S4 to the PC and move the Rom and Google Apps on your Galaxy S4.
- After moving the Rom disconnect the device and turn it off.
- Now boot in to recovery mode by pressing and holding Home+Volume Up+Power buttons for a few seconds and release when the recovery menu appears.
Note: You can navigate up and down by volume button and select by power button
- In the recovery menu scroll down to wipe cache partition and select and confirm the task.
- Now go to advance options from the main menu of the recovery. In the advance options navigate to wipe dalvik cache and select and confirm the task.
- Now in the recovery menu go down to the option, install zip from sd card and select.
- Again go to option, choose zip from sd card and select.
- Now find the CyanogenMod 13 Marshmallow custom rom that you have moved to your phone in the fist step.
- Once you have found the Rom select and confirm to install the Marshmallow Custom Rom on your Galaxy S4 and wait for few seconds to complete the process.
- After the Rom is flashed completely, again go to install zip form sd card and then choose zip from sd card.
- Find the Google Apps and select and confirm the task.
- After both the CM 13 Marshmallow Rom and Google Apps are installed click on the option reboot system now in the recovery to restart your phone.
Your phone will now restart with the latest Android marshmallow custom rom installed. At first startup it would take some time to shoe up the home screen so, don’t panic.
Congratulations!!! you have successfully Update Galaxy S4 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow via CyanogenMod 13 Rom (Unofficial). Enjoy the new features and functions of your phone. You can check the new Rom’s info by going to Settings>>About Phone. So, that is it, hope you like our tutorial. If you have any problems then ask in the comments section.
If device gets Stuck at Boot Screen
If your device gets stuck at boot screen then you can resolve issue by going to recovery mode and do the wipe data/factory reset task. Follow the instructions below to solve this issue.
- Press and hold Home+Volume Up+Power button for few seconds to enter into recovery mode.
- Then go down to wipe data/factory reset option and select and confirm task.
- After that select reboot system now option to restart phone.
By doing the above process your problem will be solved and your phone will boot normally. But your all phone’s data will be lost by performing the wipe data/factory reset action including apps and videos/pictures etc.
OK guys, that’s all for today.// Bye.
Please like, share and comment. Comment also to share your views with people and us.