How to Update Google Nexus 9 WiFi to Marshmallow (6.0.1)
Google Nexus 9 is an 8.9″ Android tablet designed for work and play. It gives fast performance with 64 bit processing power and to get more of it now you can easily update your Google Nexus 9 to Android Marshmallow. Marshmallow is latest Android Version available and it has great features, after flashing it to your device you’ll see yourself how smooth and fast it is, to Update just follow our simple guide.
- Download and Install Nexus USB drivers for your PC because you’ll be connecting your device with computer.
- Create a backup of all your important data like your Apps backup, contacts, Text data and other multimedia files.
- Charge your phone’s battery full or at least 70% to avoid any power shortage problem during the update.
- Enable USB debugging, go to settings > developers options > enable USB debugging. If you don’t see developers options in settings enable it in About Phone option by tapping build number for seven times.
- You should know how to use Android SDK or else this process is not recommended for you.
This tutorial is only for Google Nexus 9, Do Not try this on any other device or else you may result end up bricking your device, follow the procedure carefully. Droidopinions.com will not be held responsible if somethinf goes with your device during or after the process. Try this at your own risk only.
Download these files
Update Nexus 9 WiFi to Marshmallow 6.0.1
- First download and setup Android Android SDK on your PC.
- Download the Android MMB29K firmware from above link and after downloading rename the file to Update.zip and copy this file to Platform Tools folder.
- Now turn off your Google Nexus 9 and boot into recovery mode. Press and hold Volume Up+Power buttons for going into recovery mode.
- Here select Apply Update under ADB option and connect your Tablet with your PC using USB cable.
- Now launch Command prompt in Platform tools folder, (To do this hold Shift and then right click on empty space and select open Command Prompt window).
- Now start the updating process by entering the following Command.
ADB SIDELOAD UPDATE.ZIP
- You’ll be notified to confirm Flashing process, confirm it and wait until it completes.
- After completion now reboot your Google Nexus 9 and you will see Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your device.
- That’s all enjoy latest Android Marshmallow on your device and if you have any queries please let us know.
That is it. This was the manual method to update Google Nexus 9 WiFi to Marshmallow 6.0. Please share it and subscribe. Sharing buttons are below and subscription box is at the end.