Beta oxygen OS 3.0 has been released for One Plus 2, which is Android Marshmallow based and now you can install it on your device by following our this guide. The update will not reach your device (OTA) so you'll have to flash and install Oxygen OS 3.0 Beta on One plus 2 manually.
Oxygen OS 3.0 comes with new cool features like new launcher and with improved system performance and also improved fingerprint performance. After installing the update you will feel the difference in performance yourself. Everything is much better and improved as compared to Oxygen OS 2.2.1. Keep in mind that it is a Beta version and may contain few bugs but the Update worths trying it, follow our step-by-step guide to install oxygen OS 3.0 beta on one plus 2.
This method is only for One Plus 2 do not do this on any other phone. The method is for advance users only. If something goes wrong with your device during or after the process then droidopinions.com will not responsible. Try this at your own risk only. Thanks
Necessary Instructions Before Proceeding
- Backup your important data like photos, videos, contacts, messages etc. If you have a custom recovery then it is recommended to do full nandroid backup.
- Your phone should be charged above 70%
- Download the files on your computer because that are of big size and require good internet connection.
Download these files
Download: Oxygen OS 3.0 beta
Download: TWRP img (for custom roms users only)
Install Oxygen OS 3.0 Best on One Plus 2 running Stock OS
Follow these steps to install oxygen 3.0 beta on One plus 2 if you have locked bootloader, no root access and original stock firmware.
- Download oxygen OS 3.0 beta ROM from the above link and copy the file to your device.
- Now put your device into recovery mode, you can do this by turning your device off and then by pressing and holding power + volume down buttons simultaneously.
- Now perform a factory reset and clear the cache if you want to do a fresh install but if you want to keep your files and applications then you may skip this step.
- Now select the option apply updates from sd card and select the downloaded zip file you have copied to your device.
- Select install and wait for completion
- Once done go back and reboot your device.
Install Oxygen OS 3.0 for Oneplus 2 running Custom Rom or TWRP Recovery
Follow these steps to install Oxygen OS 3.0 beta if you are on Custom Rom or have Custom TWRP recovery. Note that Step is optional and only for users who are custom rom other that H20S version. Users with H20S based custom rom should not do that step.
- After downloading oxygen OS 3.0 transfer it to your device and also do the same thing with TWRP recovery
- Now boot your device into recovery mode by pressing and holding power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
- Next, wipe data factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache which would in advance options.
- Now from main recovery menu select install zip from sd card and navigate for oxygen OS 3.0 file that you downloaded and swipe to intall.
- After that again choose install and you'll see images icon on bottom right corner tap it and select TWRP img file and install it. (This step is only for users who have custom rom other than H20S version)
- Once installed, reboot into recovery and perform a factory reset and wipe cache again and then reboot your device.
Note: TWRP will show a warning 'Disable stock recovery' swipe to keep TWRP recovery or else you will lose it and stock android recovery would be installed.
Congrats! You have successfully completed the update process to install Oxygen OS 3.0 on One Plus 2. If you're facing any problems let us know in the comments below we will try to help. Please share it and subscribe. Sharing buttons are below and subscription box is at the end.