Thanks to the folks at team CyanogenMod, official nightly builds of CM14.1 is now available for the Oppo N3 and you can install it to your device rightaway. This is an official release of CM14.1 for Oppo N3. With the help of CM14.1 (Nightly) ROM you can update your Oppo N3 to a well customized Android 7.1.1 Nougat.
Android Nougat has lots of new features. If you are willing to upgrade your Oppo N3 using CM14.1 (Nightly) custom ROM then continue reading.
This tutorial is only for Oppo N3. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Do it at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is.
1. Backup your device data, everything on device.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power.
3. USB Driver Installed for Oppo N3 in your PC. [ Download USB Drivers ] 4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Oppo N3.
5. A latest CWM recovery or TWRP recovery installed.
- CM14.1 (Nightly) ROM For Oppo N3 [Filename: cm-14.1-20161219-NIGHTLY-n3.zip] [Always Download Latest Build]
- Google Apps [Filename: open_gapps-arm-7.1-micro-20161125.zip]
Flashing CM14.1 (Nightly) ROM on Oppo N3
1. Connect your device to PC using USB cable and then copy downloaded files to the SD card of your device. Important : Don’t extract any files.
2. Disconnect USB and then turn off your Oppo N3.
3. Now, boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power button together. You should see recovery menu soon.
4. Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that you can restore later if this new ROM not work.
5. Perform a Factory Reset. Tap on Wipe, then at the bottom of the screen do a Swipe on the ‘ Swipe to factory reset ‘ option.
6. Now its time to add zip file for flashing. Tap on Install , then browse to the location where you saved the files and tap on the
CM14.1 (Nightly) Zip file. Then tap on Add More Zips , and add
open_gapps-arm-7.1-micro-20161125.zip. Now at the bottom of the screen, do a swipe on the Swipe to confirm flash option to begin flashing.
7. When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and tap on Reboot.
To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select Backup then through Restore option, restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Your Oppo N3 is now running Android 7.1.1, Enjoy! For queries just drop a comment.