YouTube Vanced : How To Install The Best Version Of YouTube [Root]
Ask anyone and everyone will say the thing that iam going to say, “Android is incomplete without YouTube“. Its a simple sentence but it perfectly captures our mobile needs and our dependencies on YouTube. Google’s video sharing platform is practically a Billion dollar company in itself and why won’t it be. It does what it was made to do and does it admirably. But there are a few things that the YouTube App on Android lacks. Things that could practically make your video watching experience even more enjoyable. This is where YouTube Vanced comes in.
So what is YouTube Vanced? To put in simple terms, its a modified version of the official YouTube app on Android. YouTube Vanced supports all the basic functionality of the official app. But its not these basics that have made this app an android geeks YouTube client but the extra, handy features on top of the basics. These features include:
- Intuitive swipe based controls for brightness and sound
- Put videos on a loop and let them repeat endlessly if you want. Music videos are an obvious choice here
- Set your preference for every video and choose your preferred resolution and playback speed
- YouTube Vanced supports picture in picture video on devices that are running Android 8.0 Oreo or above
- Bored of the white theme on your app? Choose from a set of different colors including the crowd favorite dark theme
- Often manufactures support pinch to zoom on their devices that have the taller 18:9 aspect ratio. YouTube Vanced allows to you pinch and zoom on any device regardless of the aspect ratio
- On non-HDR screens no matter how good they are, you can’t play HDR quality videos from the officla YouTube app. YouTube Vanced gives you the functionality of forcing HDR mood on any device
- Say your phone’s screen is HD but you want to see videos in FHD resolution. The official app won’t let you do that because it caps the video resolution based on the resolution of your device. YouTube Vanced allows you to bypass that limitation and play videos at any resolution you want
- You can even play videos in the background while you do something else on your phone. We have always wanted to do that haven’t we?
- And last but not the least it has a built-in adblocker for those times when you don’t want to get annoyed by a stupid ad during a video
So impressed much? Lets install YouTube Vanced on your device, shall we?
This app requires root access. Rooting and unlocking the bootloader are modifications that the device manufacturer didn’t intended. And as such these carry certain risks which involve unstable operation, partially working software or in some extreme cases the device getting bricked. So root your device at your own risk.
- A rooted device with a custom recovery like TWRP installed
- Apk of YouTube Vanced. Download here
Step 1 : Rooting Your device
If your devices bootloader is unlocked, then rooting it isn’t as hard as it sounds. We have an extensive array of guides here about rooting smartphones. From Samsung to OnePlus, our numerous guides will take you through each step of the rooting process. So root your device so we can move on to the next step.
Step 2 : Installing YouTube Vanced
After rooting your device it is only a matter of a few minutes before YouTube Vanced is up and running:
- Download one of the apks from the above source
- Place the apk in SD/download if you have an SD card otherwise place it in the internal storage in the downloads folder
- Now because you have a rooted device you can uninstall the official YouTube app. So go uninstall it and all of its updates. Updates can be uninstalled in the settings
- Now turn off your phone and boot it in recovery mode just like you did while rooting
- In TWRP main menu, tap on install and locate the apk in your storage. After locating the apk install it
- Go back to the main menu and tap Restart > System
And viola! YouTube Vanced is up and running on your phone. Go have fun. But be sure to come back and tell us about it in the comments down below!