How to Backup, Master reset and Restore iPhone 7 Plus
This is a complete guide to help you learn how to back up apps, contacts and other multimedia files on iPhone 7 Plus, perform a master reset and also how to restore your iPhone. These three things are important and one should have knowledge about these processes. For smartphone users creating backup, doing a hard reset and system restore are everyday things. Just like that iPhone 7 plus users are no exception.
To protect the important data on iPhone you should know how to create backup. Master Reset is often needed when the device encounters some serious errors on the software, such as corrupt applications, etc. A master reset restores original factory default settings and also erases all user data, apps, etc.
1. Backup Guide
For an iPhone 7 user there are many options to back up your iPhone. These are iCloud, iTunes, and iOS data transfer applications available through the App Store. Let’s see how;
Backup via iCloud
This process requires a wireless connection (Wi-Fi) to complete. Follow these steps:
1. From your home screen launch Settings and select iCloud.
2. You’ll need your Apple ID to sign in (if prompted).
3. Now tap the slider next to the apps you want to back up.
4. Go to the bottom of the list and then tap on the option to Backup app.
5. Turn on or enable iCloud Backup if necessary.
1. Tap the slider next to Contacts to turn it on.
2. Select Merge contacts with iCloud (if prompted).
3. Scroll down to and tap to select Backup app from given options.
Backup Multimedia files
1. After signing in tap Photos.
2. Tap the slider next to My Photo Stream to turn it on or enable it.
3. Scroll down to the bottom and tap to select Backup app from the list.
4. If necessary, tap on iCloud Backup to enable the function.
Wait for the process to complete.
Backup via iTunes
You can also backup your new iPhone using iTunes. You will need latest version of iTunes app installed on your PC.
1. Using USB cable Connect your iPhone with the computer.
2. Soon your computer will detect your iPhone.
3. Once your iPhone is detected, launch iTunes on your computer.
4. From the iTunes screen, click on File, then go to
5. Locate your iPhone 7 Plus from the list.
6. Click on Back Up to start the backup process.
Note : iTunes backup functions are limite, there are some files that iTunes may not be able to backup like movies, music, podcasts, and some apps.
Don’t worry, for these files go to the App Store and search for the best data transfer tool to use in completing the process. These iOS data transfer tools are packed with the backup and restore functionalities.
2. Master reset or Hard reset iPhone 7 Plus
A hard reset is needed when your smartphone is showing errors and system glitches in mobile device. Also known as master reset, will erase your device, eliminate all the errors and program malfunctions. But don’t forget to back up your iPhone before doing a master reset. You can perform a master reset through settings, following these steps:
1. Launch the Settings app from the
2. In the settings menu, scroll and tap General
from the given options.
3. Next, scroll down and tap on Reset.
4. Select the option to Erase All Content and Settings.
5. Continue by tapping on Erase iPhone from the pop-up message.
6. Confirm action by tapping on Erase iPhone again.
7. You maybe prompted to enter your Apple ID Password and then tap Erase to continue.
8. That’s it, wait for the reset process to complete.
How to restore your iPhone 7 Plus
A system restore is needed after the master reset. You can use your iPhone as a new device (factory settings) or restore from a backup.
Restore iPhone 7 Plus via iTunes
To restore your iPhone using iTunes, you’ll need latest iTunes installed on your PC or Mac.
Steps to follow:
1. On your computer launch iTunes.
2. Using USB cable Connect your iPhone to the computer.
3. You maybe prompted to enter your device passcode or click on the option to Trust This Computer and then follow the onscreen instructions.
4. Locate your iPhone 7 Plus from the list that appears in the iTunes screen and then select.
5. Go to the Summary panel, and then click on
Restore (your device name).
6. To confirm, click on restore again.
Now, iTunes will begin to erase your device and install the latest iOS firmware. Be patient, and your iPhone restores to factory settings, you can now set it up as new or restore from a backup. You can also proceed with iCloud restore if iTunes is not your choice. Other files restoration will continue in the background and it will take time depending on the file sizes.