The LG G2 is an awesome smartphone and has lots of variants. The device actually comes with pretty attractive, and extensive specification. LG G2 gives enrich multimedia experience but, if you are a user you must have felt that LG could have done much better in certain departments. We know that Android has talented developers who keep trying to improve the performance of our device with interesting mods.
LG G2 has a 13 Megapixel Camera with optical image stabilization and many extensive features. G2 has good camera configurations and can be extended to very greater extent. Thanks to xdabbeb, member of XDA-Developers forum, he introduced a mod which can make LG G2 camera performance way better than it is by default. The mode improves the picture and especially the video quality of your phone significantly. Once flashed, you will be able to enjoy 120 FPS and 4K Ultra HD video recording on LG G2.
The name of mod is MagicFocus, distributed over XDA Forums
You can easily flash this mod, if you’re on stock or stock based custom Rom. The original camera app is able to take 1080p videos at 60 fps, but this mod app is able to capture 4K Ultra Video at 30 fps or simply you can record 720p Ultra HD video at 120 fps. Additionally, it enable HDR in videos, and ISO 1600 for stills photography. Now, if you're interested let's see how to flash it!
This guide is only for LG G2, also this mod is only meant for LG G2. It shouldn’t be installed on any other device. It's a third-party app and we won't be held responsible if anything went wrong.
- Firstly, Backup all the Important data stored on the smartphone.
- Enable USB Debugging, and check the “unknown sources” in Settings>Security.
- Ensure that your G2 has Charging more than 70%.
This mod can be installed and flashed (Flashed via custom recovery, or installed as normal apk). So, let's do it!
Method 1 (via Custom Recovery)
1. Download zip file from here and copy the file to phone’s memory.
2. Now, switch off the device, and wait for at-least 5 seconds.
3. Then Boot your G2 into Recovery mode, you can do it through Quickboot tool or simply through hardware keys (press volume down + power buttons, release when logo appears and quickly press again and hold until you see recovery).
4. In recovery menu, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD card” then choose the zip mod file, and select “yes” to perform the flashing.
5. Once done with flashing, select “reboot system now”.
Method 2 (via apk file)
1. Download the Mod apk file from here .
2. Install this file just like you normally install other apps from unknown sources.
This app will override the existing one (default app) and next time when you'll launch camera app on your LG G2 this app would open.
That's it, if you're stuck somewhere reach us via comments.