Galaxy Note 5 is the latest Samsung Android Phone in the successful yet the most popular Samsung’s Galaxy Note series. Galaxy Note 5 is released in 2015, August. The phone is packed with many new features and performance upgrades with stunning and cool design. If you have spent some time with your Note 5 and want to Root your Galaxy Note 5 to test its limits then you are at the right place. I will show you how you can Root Galaxy Note 5 N920I or N920T model easily with the well-known and most trusted rooting method, CF-Auto Root. You can root Note 5 N920I or N920T with CF-Auto-Root file by flashing it on your phone.
So guys if you are willing to Root Galaxy Note 5 to do some customizing and tweaks on it then you can follow the process below. I will show you the complete step by step detailed method to root your Galaxy Note 5 with model no N920T or N920I. Follow the Instructions below to know how you can Root Galaxy Note 5 with CF-Auto-Root file easily. This method is easy and one of the most famous and working method.
Galaxy Note 5 Root Method N920I / N920T
Rooting is the key to open every software restrictions offered by the system to the user and other functions. By rooting the phone, all the internal software restrictions are removed by the system so that user is able to control permissions for every task on the phone via an app called Super SU. From here, you can Root Galaxy Note 5 N920I or N920T with CF-Auto-Root via Odin flash process. You may be familiar with Odin. Odin is Samsung’s official tool to flash/install update files on Samsung phones manually. Flashing CF-Auto-Root file on Galaxy Note 5 will install inject the root package in the system and your phone will be rooted with Super SU installed on it.
So, follow the instructions below to Root Galaxy Note 5. Remember that rooting the phone will void its warranty. Read the disclaimer and necessary instructions before proceeding.
- This method is only for Galaxy Note 5 with model no N920I or N920T. Do not try this on any other model. You should only do this if you are an advance user and familiar with this kind of operation. If something wrong happens with your device during or after the process then droidopinions.com will not be held responsible. Rooting the phone will void its warranty.
Necessary Instructions Before Proceeding
- Check of model of your phone first by going to settings>>about phone. Make sure it is SM-920I or SM-N920T then proceed.
- Backup your important data like pictures, videos, messages and contacts etc for safety.
- charge your phone up to 60% to avoid power failure issues.
- Your PC should have Samsung USB Drivers installed.
- Galaxy Note 5 N920I or N920T
- USB Data Cable.
- A PC or a Laptop.
Download Required Files
You will need following files to root Galaxy Note 5.
Download: CF-Auto Root for Note 5 N920I
Download: CF-Auto-Root for Note 5 N920T
Download: Odin Flash tool
Download: Samsung USB Drivers
Root Galaxy Note 5 N920I or N920T, Steps
You can Root your Galaxy Note 5 by following the instructions below.
- First of all download the CF-Auto-Root file compatible with your phone model from the links above. Extract the CF-Auto Root file after downloading it. You will get a tar.md5 file after extraction.
- Download Odin and extract it too.
- On your phone go to the Settings>>About Phone, scroll down and tap on Build No seven times repeatedly. This will enable developer options on your phone.
- Now go back. Open Developer Options and enable USB Debugging mode.
- Now turn off your phone.
- Enter into download mode by pressing and holding Home+Volume Down+Power button until a warning screen appears. Now press the Volume Up button to get into download mode.
- After that Run Odin flash tool on your computer
- Connect your Galaxy Note 5 to the computer. Odin will detect your device and ID:COM box in Odin will turn blue.
- After that click on the AP button in Odin and choose the extracted CF-Auto Root file which is in tar.md5 format, downloaded in the first step.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset time is enabled and every other option is unchecked.
- After selecting the file, click on the Start button to begin the process. Odin will start flashing the Auto Root file to Root Galaxy Note 5.
- Wait for some time till the process completes. When the process completes Odin will show the PASS message on the Screen.
- Your device will now automatically reboot. disconnect the cable from the device. Wait for you device to show up the home screen. At first start you device might take some time to show the home screen so, have patience. And All Done!!
This was our method to Root Galaxy Note 5. Hope you like it and rooted your Galaxy Note 5. To check root access on your phone, go to the Apps drawer and find the Super SU app. If Super SU app is present then your phone is rooted. Any questions regarding to Root Galaxy Note 5 can be asked in the comments section below. Time to go now guys, BYE!!!