To root Samsung’s 2015 flagship (Galaxy S6 Edge+) follow this guide. S6 Edge+ is the bigger variant of Galaxy S6 Edge which launched alongside Galaxy S6 with the curved display. Rooting in android is just like jailbreaking in iOS. The S6 Edge Plus has 5.7 inches 1440p Super AMOLED display which is curved like Galaxy S6 Edge. After multiple beta releases and test builds, Samsung pleased its users by releasing a stable final firmware with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
However, once users updated to it, the root status was bound to reset. Luckily you can now regain root access using our tutorial. Which is quite simple and to the point. We will be utilizing renowned Auto-Root package by Chainfire along with ODIN software.
Rooting an Android device voids its warranty.We(droidopinions) are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure. The risk is yours to take.
You need to download these files before you begin
1. Samsung USB drivers.
2. Check your device model number, go to settings > about > model no.
3. Download below file according to the model of your device.
4. Odin V3.10.6.zip download.
- CF-Auto-Root-zenlte-zenltejv-smg928c.zip (For SM-G928C)
- CF-Auto-Root-zenltektt-zenltektt-smg928k.zip (For SM-G928K)
- CF-Auto-Root-zenlteskt-zenlteskt-smg928s.zip (For SM-G928S)
- CF-Auto-Root-zenltechn-zenltezc-smg9280.zip (For SM-G9280)
- CF-Auto-Root-zenlte-zenlteub-smg928g.zip (For SM-G928G)
- CF-Auto-Root-zenltekx-zenltekx-smg928n0.zip (For SM-G928N0)
- CF-Auto-Root-zenltespr-zenltespr-smg928p.zip (For SM-G928P)
- CF-Auto-Root-zenlteusc-zenlteusc-smg928r4.zip (For SM-G928R4)
- CF-Auto-Root-zenlte-zenltexx-smg928f.zip (For SM-G928F)
- CF-Auto-Root-zenlte-zenltedv-smg928i.zip (For SM-G928I)
- CF-Auto-Root-zenltetmo-zenltetmo-smg928t.zip (For SM-G928T)
- CF-Auto-Root-zenltebmc-zenltebmc-smg928w8.zip (For SM-G928W8)
- CF-Auto-Root-zenlte-zenltezh-smg9287.zip (For SM-G9287)
- CF-Auto-Root-zenlte-zenltedx-smg9287c.zip (For SM-G9287C)
Enable Developer options on your device. Go to About and tap Build number for 7 times
– Enable USB Debugging mode. Settings > Developer option > check USB Debugging option.
– Install Samsung USB Drivers into your computer.
Root Samsung Galaxy Edge Plus on Marshmallow
- Connect your device with your computer using USB cable. If drivers are properly installed and USB cable is working you’ll see your device.
- Unplug it and boot into Download mode.
- Turn it off completely. Now, Press and hold Volume down, Home and Power button simultaneously.
- Plugin your Edge Plus into the computer again and press Volume up button to confirm Download mode.
- Next, Launch Odin, unzip it if zipped. Odin will show “Added” message when Device is ready.
- Unzip the downloaded CF-Auto-Root-zenxxxxx.zip file into your computer and get .tar.md5 extension file.
- Click on AP in Odin then locate and select the .tar.md5 file.
- Hit the Start button to start the rooting process of your Galaxy S6 Edge+.
- Your device will reboot into recovery mode to finish the rooting process.
Note: If it fails, do it manually by pressing and holding Volume up, Home and Power button together after switching it off.
That’s it! Your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ is now rooted on Android Marshmallow. To confirm install Root checker from play store or find SuperSu in apps. For queries just drop a comment, Thanks!