Galaxy Note Pro has received the 5.0.2 Lollipop update. You can now Update Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Wi-Fi SM-P900 to 5.0.2 Lollipop Official Firmware using this guide. We all know that Galaxy Note tab series has remained the best among all the Android Tablets. Note Pro is also the latest Samsung Android Tablet in the Note Series with a wide 12.2 inches display. This tablet has been the great the great companion of employees and students due to its amazing productivity features and the famous Stylus S-Pen which gives the users an opportunity to use their Note as a note-book. Apart from its features this tab has a powerful hardware package i.e, Exynos 5 Octa Core processor, 3 GB Ram, 8 mp camera with LED, 247 ppi 2560×1600 pixels screen and 32/64 GB of storage expandable by a 64 GB micro SD Card.
Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 was released with Android OS 4.4 Kitkat and now it can be updated to the 5.0.1 Lollipop version. The lollipop update is released via OTA in different regions but all the users didn't get it. So, who ever wants to update his Note Pro to lollipop can do this by following the instructions below. The firmware here is the latest released for Note Pro having Build No P900UBUOBOI1. You can flash this firmware on any Galaxy Note Pro P900 in nay country as the update is Official. So, enough of the talk guys let's proceed to Update Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Wi-Fi SM-P900 to 5.0.2 Lollipop Official Firmware.
Updating Galaxy Note Pro to Lollipop Official
The lollipop update for Galaxy Note is packed up with many new changes and features. The overall performance is improved, battery is better, User Interface is better than before and status bar is also released. There are also a lot of bugs fixed that were noticed in the previous version.
Galaxy Note Pro Wi-Fi can now be updated to 5.0.1 Lollipop. The detailed process to update your tablet is given below. Follow the instructions carefully. Odin is for installing the Firmware which is Samsung's official tool for flashing update files on Samsung devices. You may be familiar with this procedure. However the procedure is recommended for an advance user only who has done this kind of process before.
The guide to update Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Wi-Fi to Lollipop is explained below. Before proceeding read the necessary instructions and disclaimer.
Device: Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
OS Version: 5.0.2 Lollipop
Date: Sep 23, 2015
Country: Trinidad andTobago
Product Code: TTT
- This process is only for Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Model No SM-P900. Do not try this on any other model. If you are completely unaware of this process then you should not do this. Remember that Droidopinions.com will not be responsible something wrong happens with your device during or after the update process. So, try this at your own risk. If your tablet has root access then you will lose it after installing the Firmware. Your warranty will not be void because the firmware is official. Thanks
Necessary Instructions Before Proceeding
Before you Update Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Wi-Fi SM-P900 to 5.0.2 Lollipop Official Firmware you need to understand the points below.
- First check the model of your tablet by going to Settings>>About Phone>>Model No. Make sure that it is SM-P900 then proceed.
- Backup your important data like contacts, messages, pictures, videos etc because you may lose your data if you need to reset your device.
- Charge your device upto 70% to avoid power failure issues.
- Your PC should have Samsung USB Drivers installed.
- Galaxy Note Pro Wi-Fi P900
- A PC or a Laptop
- USB Data Cable
Download Required Files
For downloading the 5.0.2 firmware you will need to register on sammobile.
Update Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Wi-Fi SM-P900 to 5.0.2 Lollipop, Steps
- Download the lollipop firmware from the above link and extract it. You will get a tar.md5 extension file after extraction.
- Now download Odin and extract it.
- On your device go to the Settings>>Developer Options and enable the USB Debugging Mode.
- If you do not find the developer options then go to Settings>>About Phone and tap on Build No seven times. This will activate developer options on your tablet.
- Turn off your tablet now and enter into download mode by pressing and holding Home+Volume Down+Power button for few seconds. Release the buttons when a warning screen appears, now again press the Volume Up button from the warning screen to confirm the task.
- Launch Odin on your Computer.
- Connect your Note Pro to the computer. Odin will detect your device and ID:COM box in Odin will turn blue.
- Now click on the AP button in Odin and select the extracted (tar.md5) lollipop firmware that you have downloaded.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are checked in Odin.
- After all is set click on the Start button to begin the process.
- Now Odin will start flashing the firmware on your device. Leave the device until the process completes. It will take some time to finish.
- After the completion of the process, Odin will show the PASS message on the screen. Your tab will reboot automatically now.
Note: If Odin stops at any point then unplug the cable, reconnect and repeat the process again.
- Disconnect the cable when your device reboots and wait for some time. At first start-up your device will take some time to show up the home screen so have patience. And all Done!!!
Congratulations!! by doing the above process you have successfully updated your device to the new lollipop firmware. Head over to to Settings>>About Phone to see the new software version running on your device. Hope you like our guide to Update Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Wi-Fi SM-P900 to 5.0.2 Lollipop official firmware. If you have any questions then ask in the comments section below.
Fix if device stops at Boot Screen
It is common that your device may stop at boot animation after the update. You can solve the issue by wiping data/factory reset from the recovery menu. Refer to the link below to get the instructions for solving the problem.
So, that was it guys. Our tutorial reaches to its END here. Now time to go. Will meet you again with a new day,,, Bye!!
Please share, like and subscribe. Comment to share your views with us and people.