Samsung Galaxy S4 mini LTE users can now have latest Android Version Marshmallow on their devices by Flashing CM13 Custom ROM. CyanogenMod developers build awesome custom ROMs for almost all Android devices and so this time in this succeeding you'll learn to Update Samsung S4 mini to Marshmallow (6.0.1). You can follow this guide if you want to update Galaxy S4 mini LTE to Marshmallow CM13 Rom.
Before proceeding create a backup of all your important data. Root your device and install Custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM (clockworkmod) recovery because Custom ROMs flashing needs a rooted device with recovery installed on your device, Follow our step by step instructions carefully to install Marshmallow CM13 on Galaxy S4 Mini LTE.
- To flash CM13 ROM first of all Root your Galaxy S4 mini and install ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery.
- Install Samsung USB drivers for your PC properly because you'll be connecting your device with computer.
- Create a backup of all your important data like your Apps backup , contacts, Text data and other multimedia files.
- Enable USB debugging, go to settings > developers options > enable USB debugging. If you don't see developers options in settings enable it in About Phone option by tapping build number for seven times.
- Make sure your device is fully charged or at least has more than 70% charging to avoid power shortage problems.
This guide is only for Samsung S4 mini LTE variant, Do Not try this on any other device or else you will end up bricking your device. Flashing custom ROMs is not official and Voids device's warranty so do it on your own Risk. In case of any mishap neither us (droidopinions.com) nor company will take any responsibility.
Download These Fles
Download: CM13 Nightly Galaxy S4 Mini LTE
Download: Google Apps
Update Galaxy S4 Mini to Marshmallow CM13 Rom, Steps
1. Download the CM13.zip and Gapps.zip files from the above given links and then connect your S4 mini with PC via USB cable and copy these files to your device. Do not extract the files.
2. Unplug your S4 mini and turn it off and then boot it into recovery mode. To do so press and hold (Volume up + Home + Power) buttons simultaneously and Release them when logo appears.
- Note: Navigate up and down by volume buttons and select by power button in recovery mode.
3. Now hopefully you will see recovery menu, in recovery menu first of all create a Nandroid backup (select Advanced > Backup and Restore > backup to SD card.
4. Now wipe all data on your device select wipe data/factory reset option and wipe it.
5. After doing that clear Cache, select wipe cache partition and also clear Dalvik Cache in advanced option.
6. No you're ready for installation, tap Install zip option then choose zip from SD card and navigate for CM13.zip file and select it and install, installation will begin.
7. Wait for completion, once done again Install zip > choose zip from SD card but this time select Gapps.zip file.
8. You're all done with Installation, go back to main recovery menu and select reboot system now.
Your Device will reboot and first boot up will take some time so don't panic. If it is taking too long, use these instructions or reboot your S4 into recovery mode and perform a factory reset and also clear cache and again reboot your device. Hopefully your device will turn on and you'll see Marshmallow custom rom running on your phone.
So, that is it guys. Hope you like our tutorial to Update Galaxy S4 Mini LTE to Marshmallow CM13 Rom. If you have any questions then ask in the comments below. Please share it and subscribe to our blog. Sharing buttons are below and subscription box is at the end.