HTC One M8 users can have Marshmallow 6.0.1 on their phones by flashing CrDroid custom ROM, it is based on latest Android version 6.0.1. Installing this ROM will change your HTC M8 current OS and layout. Crdroid has lots of customisation options which will provide you with awesome features and you will get cool experience, moreover it will improve your HTC One M8 speed and performance. Some notable features of crDroid ROM are don’t disturb mode, blacklist, Ad blocker, voltage control, traffic meter, Navigation bar customisation, omni switch and many other which you will see after flashing it. I am showing you the way today that how update HTC One M8 to Marshmallow CrDroid Rom.
Marshmallow HTC One M8 update can be achieved via CrDroid Rom. So, if you are willing to get 6.0 One M8 Marshmallow CrDroid Rom then this guide will make this possible for you. So, let’s proceed to update HTC One M8 Marshmallow 6.0.
Update One M8 to Marshmallow CrDroid Rom
Installing Marshmallow CrDroid Custom Rom on One M8 is explained in this article. If you are an advance user and know this kind of stuff then it will not be difficult for you. To update HTC One M8 to 6.0 Marshmallow requires a Custom Recovery on your phone. So, lets start.
- Installing a Custom Rom is an unofficial process and it voids the warranty. This process is only for HTC One M8 and should be done by advance users only. Don’t try this on any other phone. Remember that if anything goes wrong with your phone during or after the update then Droidopinions.com will not be held responsible. Thanks
Before flashing custom ROM on HTC M8 make sure that
- Your phone’s battery percentage is at least 70.
- Make sure you have created backup of all important files like Messages, contacts, apps and call
- Enable USB debugging mode, you can do this in settings menu under developer options.
- This ROM is only for HTC One M8 , don’t try it on any other device.
- A custom recovery should be installed on your phone for installing the rom.
- Install HTC One M8 Usb Drivers on PC.
- Android SDK should be set up on your PC.
Download these files
You’ll need to download these files before proceeding to update HTC One M8 Marshmallow.
Update HTC One M8 to Marshmallow CrDroid Rom
- Connect your HTC One M8 with your PC through USB Cable.
- Now copy the files you’ve downloaded ( Android crDroid 6.0.1 ROM.zip and Google apps.zip) and paste them to the SD card root folder, also copy boot.img file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
- Now turn off your phone and boot into recovery or fastboot mode by pressing and holding power+volume down button.
- Now you are in recovery mode of your HTC M8 , now on your PC navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory on your computer and open command prompt (press shift + right click).
- Here type this command “fastboot boot.img” and press enter, again type “fastboot reboot” command and press enter.
- Now follow the instructions on windows screen and select BOOTLOADER and then go to recovery.
- Now you are in custom recovery, here the installation process begins.
- In the custom recovery, clear wipe cache by selecting ” wipe cache partition “.
- Now go to advanced options and here clear Dalvik Cache, it will terminate boot errors. Note: For navigation in recovery mode use volume keys and for selection use power button.
- Now go back in recovery menu and select ‘install zip from SD card‘ option then again select “choose zip from SD card”, now navigate for Android crDroid 6.0.1 HTC ONE M8 ROM .zip that you’ve copied recently and choose install option. It will take a minute or two,
- After that again choose zip from SD card but this time Google apps .zip and install.
- Once installation is completed go back and reboot your device and All Done!!
First boot up will take up to 10 minutes and you will see Marshmallow on your HTC One M8. If it is taking too long , switch off and turn it on again, if you’re facing other problems feel free to let us know.
Hope you like our tutorial to update HTC One M8 to Marshmallow CrDroid Rom. Please share it and Subscribe to our blog. Sharing buttons are below and subscription box is at the end.