LG has released the Android 7.0 Nougat update for LG G5 which is rolling out via OTA. Still there are many users who didn’t receive the update. If you too didn’t get OTA update then you can manually update your G5 to Android Nougat. The full KDZ Nougat firmware for LG G5 is available for different variants (H850, H860 and LS992) and can be flashed via the latest version of LGUP now if you can’t wait for OTA update to reach you, manually flash it using our guide.
After Nexus and Pixel smartphones, LG G5, Moto Z Droid and HTC 10 are the only devices to run Android Nougat stable update. Android 7.0 Nougat update for LG G5 packed with features all Android Nougat features like Multiwindow, Doze, Improved Notifications, New Messaging Apps, Seamless update, Vulkan API, along with other features.
Now, that the G5 update is available for international users who are using G5 Variant H850. Here we provide you the full Nougat firmware for LG G5 with that you can update LG G5 to Android 7.0 Nougat manually. This is second time that LG have been able to release a major Android upgrade before others, as last year, they were first to release Marshmallow update.
Before you begin
If you have LG G5 H850, Look for the Android 7.0 OTA first, go to Settings > About device, and then hit up the ‘check for update’ button under ‘System updates’.
Find and Download Nougat KDZ files
H85020A → KDZ firmware | DLL file
H86020A → KDZ firmware | DLL file
LS992ZV8 → KDZ firmware | DLL file
Follow the Procedure:
Now, follow these steps carefully;
1. You need to download the LGUP software first, download it from here
2. Next, install the LGUP software on your PC.
3. Download the KDZ file from above provided links and place the files on your PC.
4. Also, download the DLL file for your model. If it’s MSI, simply install it, and if it’s DLL file, copy this file into DLL folder fo your LGUP software installation [in Program Files directory, or Program Files (x86)]
5. Make sure you have installed all the latest LG Windows PC drivers.
6. Now, boot your LG G5 into download mode.
To do so, power off your G5 and wait for complete shut down, then press and hold Volume Up button while connecting the G5 to PC using USB cable.
Your G5 will now enter download mode.
7. Launch the LGUP PC software on PC.
8. Select device and select Only upgrade option.
9. Check BIN File box and then select the KDZ file here.
10. Make sure Refurbish box and BIN File box are both checked.
11. Now, close the LGUP software, and then reopen it.
12. Now click the START button to start flashing the Nougat firmware on your G5. Wait for the process to complete and when your device will reboot, hopefully you’ll see Android Nougat running on it.
Need help or any queries? comment below, Thanks!
One thought on “How to Update LG G5 to Android Nougat through KDZ”
hello, greetings friends, does the KDZ file include the Spanish language? I want to make a process of removing an update on my smartphone nougat 7, it was updated to LS992 ZVF and I with the help of its file and instructions I want to install this file for update to the security patch version LS992ZV8 that my smartphone had In the beginning, following your instructions and with the files is it reliable if I make that process of returning my smartphone to the LS992 ZV8 version? greetings droidopinions friends