Oppo has released Android lollipop update for N3 but has declared that users won’t get a marshmallow update but don’t worry there is another way to Update Oppo N3 to Marshmallow Yes, you can have Android marshmallow 6.0 on your phone by flashing CM13 custom ROM on it, the process is a bit risky but result is fruitful. Now it’s up to you guys whether you want to run marshmallow on your device or stay contented with lollipop firmware.
Custom ROMs installation gives you what you want when there’s no expectations from company just like Oppo refused to release marshmallow update for N3. CM13 is reliable and fast in performance. You can install Marshmallow CM13 on Oppo N3 and also it is an improved version of other roms installed in Oppo smartphones. So if you are willing to update Oppo N3 to Marshmallow 6.0 Cm13 rom then follow this guide.
- Your device should have a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed because it is necessary to install custom rom.
- Create a backup of all your important data like your Apps backup, contacts, Text data and other multimedia files.
- Charge your phone’s battery full or at least 70% to avoid any power shortage problem during the update.
- Enable USB debugging, go to settings > developers options > enable USB debugging. If you don’t see developers options in settings enable it in About Phone option by tapping build number for seven times.
This tutorial is only and only for Oppo N3, Do Not try this on any other device or else you will brick your device. Flashing custom ROMs is unofficial and Voids device’s warranty so do it on your own Risk, in case something goes wrong with update process neither us (droidopinions.com) nor company will be held responsible.
Download these files
Download: CM13 Oppo N3 firmware.zip
Download: Google Apps.zip
Update Oppo N3 to Marshmallow
- Download the files mentioned above and transfer them to your device by connecting your Oppo N3 with your PC via USB cable.
- After transferring files successfully unplug your device.
- Now turn your device off completely and boot into recovery mode by holding power and volume down button. You can scroll up and down with volume buttons and select by power button in recovery menu.
- Now in recovery mode create a Nandroid backup and after that wipe data/factory reset.
- After wiping factory data, wipe Cache partition and also Dalvik Cache in advanced options.
- Now go for install zip option followed by choose zip from SD card and select CM13.zip file.
- Now start installation and wait for completion after it CM13 is installed again install zip from SD card but this time select Gapps.zip and install them.
- After all the above process is done, reboot your device from the main recovery menu. First reboot may take some time so have patience. And All Done!
- Congrats! You’ve successfully finished flashing Marshmallow on your phone.
This is it. Hope you like our tutorial to update Oppo N3 to Marshmallow with CM13 rom. If you have any problems then ask in the comments section below. Please share it and subscribe. Sharing buttons are below and subscription box is at the end.