The method to update to update Galaxy Tab S 8.4 to 6.0 Marshmallow Cm13 rom is explained today here. CyanogenMod always do its best in targeting as many devices at the same time giving them an option to install latest Android firmware on their devices. This time Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 users can have this opportunity to Update their devices to Marshmallow through CM13. You just have to follow our guide to get Tab S 8.4 6.0 CM13 update flashed on your device.
Custom ROM installation needs your device to be rooted along with Custom recoveries like (CWM or TWRP) installed on your device. This 6.0 update process is for both LTE and Wi-Fi version of Galaxy Tab S 8.4. So, lets start to update Galaxy Tab S 8.4 to 6.0 Marshmallow.
- First of all Root your Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and install ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery.
- Create a backup of all your important data like your Apps backup , contacts, Text data and other multimedia files.
- Enable USB debugging, go to settings > developers options > enable USB debugging. If you don’t see developers options in settings enable it in About Phone option by tapping build number for seven times.
- Make sure your device is fully charged or at least has more than 70% charging to avoid power shortage problems.
This guide is only for Samsung Tab S 8.4, Do Not try this on any other device or else you may end up bricking your device. Flashing custom ROMs is unofficial and Voids device’s warranty so do it on your own Risk. We (Droidopinions.com0 won’t be held responsible for any damage caused to your device.
CM-13 for Tab S 8.4 (WiFi Version)
CM-13 for Tab S 8.4 (LTE Version)
Update Galaxy Tap S 8.4 to 6.0 Marshmallow CM13
- After downloading CM13…zip and Google Apps…zip files, connect your device with your PC through USB cable.
- Now copy these downloaded files to your device’s SD card and then unplug it.
- Now turn your device off and boot it into recovery mode (you can do this by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously and Release them when logo appears).
- Now start the flashing procedure, first of all in recovery mode choose wipe data/factory reset option and clear all data on your device.
- After wiping factory data now wipe Cache, select wipe cache partition option and wipe Cache, also wipe Dalvik Cache in advanced option.
- Now select install zip option in recovery menu then choose zip from SD card and find CM13..zip file and select it, now tap install.
- Wait for the installation to complete, once installed again go for install zip option followed by Choose zip from SD card and this time select Gapps.zip file and flash it.
- After flashing Gapps.zip you’re all done now, go back to the main recovery menu and reboot your device.
- Your device will reboot and first boot up will take some time so don’t panic but if it is taking too long, reboot into recovery mode and perform a factory reset and reboot it again. Hopefully it will turn on and you will see Marshmallow on your device, Congrats!
That is it folks. Now you have updated your Galaxy Tab S 8.4 to 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 Rom. Comment below if you have any questions. Please share it and subscribe. Sharing buttons are below and subscription box is at the end. Thanks !!