Update Sony Xperia Z3 D6603 to 6.0.1 Marshmallow Official
We have a good news for Sony Xperia Z3 users, Z3 owners can now have official Marshmallow firmware as Sony has started rolling out the Marshmallow firmware for its Xperia Z2, Z3 and Z3 compact devices. This is an awesome and improved Marshmallow firmware version with cool and enhanced features. Today we are here once again like usual to show you how to manually Update Sony Xperia Z3 D6603 to 6.0.1 Marshmallow official OS.
It is 6.0.1 Marshmallow build firmware with 23.5.A.0.570 build number. Sony is releasing this update via OTA (over the air) but if you didn’t receive it yet don’t worry you can still have it. You can manually update Sony Xperia Z3 D6603 to Android marshmallow 23.5.A.0.570, all you need to do is follow our guide.
- Create a backup of all your important data like your Apps backup , contacts, Text data and other multimedia files.
- Enable USB debugging, go to settings > developers options > enable USB debugging. If you don’t see developers options in settings enable it in About Phone option by tapping build number for seven times.
- Before proceeding forward make sure you have installed Sony flashtool.
- Make sure your device is fully charged or at least has more than 70% charging to avoid power shortage problems.
- Install Sony usb drivers on your PC.
This process is only intended for Sony Xperia Z3 model no D6603, Do Not try it on any other Z3 variables or you will end up bricking your device. Check your device model number in settings under about phone option. Incase something wrong happens with your phone during or after the process then droidopinions.com won’t be responsible. Do this at your own risk only. After the process your phone will be updated to official Marshmallow OS.
Download These file
Download: Marshmallow 23.5.A.0.570 FTF Z3 D6603.
Download: Sony Flash Tool
Download: Sony USB Drivers
Update Sony Xperia Z3 D6603 to 6.0.1 Marshmallow Official, Steps
- Download and install flash tool on your PC.
- After that download firmware file and move the file in Flash tool > Firmwares folder. The firmwares folder will be on the flashtool folder where flashtool is installed.
- Now open the Flashtool.exe.
- You will see a lightning button on top left corner of screen, select flash mode.
- Now navigate for FTF firmware file that you downloaded and move to firmwares folder,
- After that from the right side, wipe data, clear cache, apps log and click OK to load it will take a while to load it. This will delete your all data.
- After loading a pop up will appear asking you to attach the phone by turning it off and keeping the back key press (for Xperia Z3 volume down key is the back key). Press and hold volume down key and connect the data cable.
- It will detect your phone and the firmware flashing will begin.
- NOTE: Do not leave the volume down key until the flash process is completed.
- Release the volume down key when you see “Flashing finished”, unplug your Z3 and reboot it.
Congrats! You have successfully flashed official Marshmallow firmware on you Xperia Z3 D6603.
Hope you liked our tutorial to Update Sony Xperia Z3 D6603 to Marshmallow Stock OS. If you are facing any problems regarding installation comment below, we will try to help. Please share it and subscribe. Sharing buttons are below and subscribe box is at the end.