Install 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy Note GT-N7000 (CM13) Nightowl
Today we have a good news for all Galaxy Note N7000 users, you can upgrade Galaxy Note N7000 to 6.0 Marshmallow via Night Owl CM13 Rom. You can now install 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy Note GT-N7000 through the CM13 build Nightowl custom Rom. Marshmallow 6.0 is the latest android version and it has many new upgrades and features. You all must be thinking that how can we upgrade our Galaxy Note N7000 to 6.0 Marshmallow? There is one way and you can have Marshmallow on your galaxy Note and that is installing Custom Rom, I am talking about CyanogenMod 13 Nightowl Rom which will help you to update your Galaxy Note to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
In this post we are going to show you method of installing Custom Rom CM 13 Marshmallow on your Galaxy Note N7000, but before installing it you must keep in mind that it is not an official Rom and may contain bugs, So if you are aware of CM custom Roms then go for it.The process is easy but you should follow each step in order to have smooth installation.
- This Rom is only for Galaxy Note N7000, do not install it on any other devices it will cause bricking. Installing Custom Rom voids Warranty and is not official, so do it on your own risk, in case of any mishap neither Samsung nor We droidopinions.com will take any responsibility.
- Check your phone model number it should be Galaxy Note N7000 , you can see it in settings menu under about phone option.
- Before installation Check your phone’s battery percentage it should be at least 60 percent.
- Flash a custom recovery on Galaxy Note N7000.
- Create backup of everything so that in case of any mishap you can save your data, Nandroid backup is highly recommended.
- Follow the instructions carefully.
- Your phone should have a Custom Recovery such as CWM or TWRP installed.
Download Required Files
Install 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy Note GT-N7000 via CM 13 ROM
- First of all download the CM13 Rom and Google Apps from the links above on your PC or your phone if you have a better data connection. Do not extract the files.
- If you have downloaded the files on computer then connect your Galaxy Note N7000 the computer and move both of the files to the phone internal storage.
- Turn your phone off now.
- Press and hold Home+Volume Up+Power button for few seconds and release when recovery menu appears.
- In the recovery menu scroll down to the wipe cache partition and select and confirm the task. Now go the advance option of the recovery. There will be an option wipe dalvik cache, select it and confirm the task. It is not necessary though but helpful in clean installation of the Rom.
Note: You can scroll up and down by volume button and select by power button in the recovery mode.
- Now go back to the main recovery menu. Scroll down to the option install zip from sd card. Select it. It will take you to some other options. Now from there select the option choose zip from sd card.
- Find Nightowl CM13 Marshmallow Custom Rom that you have downloaded in the first step.
- Now after finding the Rom which is in .zip file, select it and confirm the task to begininstallation of the Rom. Wait for some time till the Rom installs completely.
- After the Rom is installed, again choose zip from sd card. Find the Google Apps.zip file that you downloaded. Select it and confirm to install. Wait till it installs completely.
- After you have installed both the files i,e CM13 Rom and Google Apps, go back to the main recovery menu. Select the reboot system now option to restart your phone.
- Your device will now reboot with the new Marshmallow Nightowl CM13 Custom Rom installed. Wait for some time. At first start up it would take some time to show up the some screen. So, wait till your phone shows up the home screen and enjoy. And All Done!!!
If Phone Stops at Boot Screen: If your device is stuck at boot screen or Samsung logo then follow the instructions over here to fix the problem.
This was our tutorial to upgrade Galaxy Note N7000 to 6.0 Marshmallow. Hope you have install 6.0 marshmallow on Galaxy Note GT-N7000. If you have any questions then feel free to ask in the comments sections. Also share this tutorial with your friends. Sharing buttons are below. Follow this website on twitter,facebook, GooglePlus.