LG G3 recently got the Android 6.0 Marshmallow Firmware. The update is being rolled out. We have published the manual update of LG G3 D855 for the users who didn’t get the update via OTA. The guide to update LG G3 D855 to Marshmallow is published here. Now most of the phone geeks should probably be waiting for how to Root LG G3 D855 on 6.0 Marshmallow Stock Firmware because rooting is necessary if one wants to do tweaks, customizations and install third-party apps on his Android Phone. Rooting the phone is necessary to open all the restrictions to users offered by the phone’s software.
The Marshmallow firmware is new so, there are not much methods to root it. But thanks to the Chainfire’s Super SU who has always been there for our devices to root on the latest firmware. The method I will show you to root LG G3 D855 is not that difficult. I will give you the step by step full instructions to Root your LG G3. We will install Super SU.zip file via the Recovery mode to root LG G3. The process is easy. Just follow the instructions below carefully.
Rooting LG G3 D855 on Marshmallow Firmware
Basically root allows us the hold of the whole Software restrictions and its permissions. User gets the full access over the software internal resources. Rooting the phone removes all the software internal restrictions and boundaries so that the user is able to use the system’s internal permissions. User gets the full hold over the software. User can install custom roms, custom recoveries and do certain tweaks on his Android device. Today I will show you how you can root LG G3 D855 on the latest 6.0 firmware. I will show you to install the Super SU on your phone via stock recovery which will enable root access on the phone. So, let’s proceed to root our G3 D855. Before proceeding read the Disclaimer and necessary instructions.
This method is only for LG G3 model no D855. Do not try this on any other model. The process is for advance users only who are familiar with this kind of process. Remember that if something wrong happens with your device then Droidopinions.com will not be held responsible. You phone’s warranty will be void after rooting. Thanks
Necessary Instructions Before Proceeding
- First, check the model of your phone by going to Settings>>About Phone>>Hardware Information. Make sure it is D855 then proceed.
- Backup your important data like pictures, videos, messages and contacts etc.
- Your Phone should have a Custom Recovery installed like TWRP.
Download Required File
Download: Super SU Beta v2.65
Root LG G3 D855 on 6.0 Marshmallow, Steps
Follow the steps below to root LG G3 D855 on stock Marshmallow Firmware.
- Download the Super SU Root File on your phone. Do no extract the file.
- Now turn off your phone.
- Press and hold the Power+Volume buttons for few seconds.
- Release both the buttons for a second when the LG Logo appears on the screen and again press quickly Power+Volume Down button.
- You will now see a “Factory Data Reset” Screen. Release the buttons now.
- If you have a custom recovery on your phone then swipe down to Yes option by volume and select and confirm by power button. It will take you to the recovery menu without doing the factory reset and if you don’t have a custom recovery then your phone will do a factory reset by selecting Yes option.
- In the custom recovery menu, navigate to the option “install zip from sd card”, select it and then select the option “choose zip from sd card”.
- After that find the Super SU file that you downloaded in the first step. Select the file and confirm. Now wait for the Super SU File to install on your phone.
- After Super SU file is installed, go to the main recovery menu and select the option “reboot system now”. And All Done!!
Your phone will reboot now with Super SU installed and it will be rooted. So this was our tutorial to Root LG G3 D855 on Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware. Hope you like it and successfully rooted your LG G3. If you have any problems then comment below. Now time to go guys, BYE!!.