Samsung Galaxy is A7 is a 5.5 inch device with full HD display, 13MP primary and 5 megapixel secondary camera. It has a quad-core processor and 2GB of RAM. Samsung released Lollipop update for Samsung Galaxy A7 but if you haven't received the official update or it is late in reaching you then we are here to help you to get official lollipop on Galaxy A7 A700FD, all you need to do is follow this guide which is quite easy. This firmware is based on lollipop and improved with new features and customization options.
So, to install the 5.0.2 lollipop on Galaxy A7 A700FD follow the instructions given in the guide below. Now let's begin.
This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy A7 model no A700H, do not try this on any other device or else you may result in bricking your device, follow the procedure carefully if something wrong happens with your device during or after the process then droidopinions.com will no be held responsible. Try this at your own risk. The firmware is official and you will not lose warranty,
- Download and Install Samsung USB drivers for your PC because you'll be connecting your device with computer.
- Create a backup of all your important data like your Apps backup, contacts, Text data and other multimedia files.
- Charge your phone's battery full or at least 70% to avoid any power shortage problem during the update.
- Enable USB debugging, go to settings > developers options > enable USB debugging. If you don't see developers options in settings enable it in About Phone option by tapping build number for seven times.
Download these files
How to Install Official Lollipop on Galaxy A7 A700FD
- After downloading the above mentioned files extract them and save somewhere on your PC where you can easily find them.
- Now boot your device in download mode you can do this by switching off your device and then by pressing home + volume down + power buttons simultaneously.
- You'll see a warning screen showing download mode. Press the volume up to continue.
- Now connect your Galaxy A7 with your PC and launch Odin v3.9 on your computer. On Odin screen you will see added message which means your device is successfully connected but if you don't see it, it means USB drivers are not properly installed, reinstall them and try again now you may see the added message.
- Now in Odin window click AP or PDA button and navigate for the lollipop firmware which is tar.md5 file extension after extraction.
- Now start the flashing process by hitting the start button.
- On your device you will see installation bar when it will finish installing update Odin will show PASS alert.
- Your phone will automatically reboot and First boot up may take some time so don't worry and Congrats! you have successfully Updated your Samsung Galaxy A7 to Lollipop.
If you get stuck in Boot Screen: If you are stuck at startup screen or samsung logo then follow the instructions here to solve the problem.
Hope like our tutorial to install the latest 5.0.2 lollipop on Galaxy A7 A700FD. IF you have any problems then let us know in the comments. Please share it and subscribe to our blog. Sharing buttons are below and subscription box is at the end.