Many of you should have updated your LG G4 H818P dual to the latest Marshmallow update. LG G4 was the first to receive the 6.0 update among all the other Android phones except Google Nexus. If you don't like the latest Marshmallow update and it doesn't suits you, as it is reported a lot of battery drain in Marshmallow, then you can downgrade LG G4 H818P (dual) to 5.1.1 Lollipop using this guide.
If have already published a successful article on downgrading G4 H815 and verizon G4 VS986 and now I am publishing this method separately for downgrading G4 H818P dual though the instructions are same but only the KDZ files are different. So, every one who has the LG G4 dual sim model and is willing to downgrade LG G4 H818P to 5.1.1 Lollipop from Marshmallow can follow these instructions. Let's start.
Downgrading LG G4 H818P Dual to Stock 5.1.1
Downgrading G4 Dual sim model H818P is so much simple. Any of you can do this with in no time because there is new tool LGUP which is used to downgrade the G4. You only have to connect your phone to the PC, run lgup, select lollipop kdz and click on the start button. You don't even need to go into the download mode.
So, to downgrade LG G4 H818P Dual to stock Lollipop firmware follow the detailed steps given below very carefully. Now let's begin the process. Read the necessary instructions before proceeding.
The process is only for LG G4 Dual model no H818P. Don't try this on any other model. You should follow the step carefully in case somethings goes wrong with your phone then droiopinions.com will not be held responsible. Try this at your own risk. You don't need root access in order to do this process. Thanks.
Necessary Instructions Before Proceeding
- Check the model of your phone by going to Settings>>About Phone>>Hardware Information. Make sure it is H818P then proceed.
- Backup your important data like photos, videos, contacts, messages etc to avoid data loss for safety purpose.
- Charge your phone up to 70% to minimize power issues.
- Install LG USB drivers on your PC.
- Your USB Data cable should be working properly.
Download Required Files
Steps to Downgrade LG G4 H818P (Dual) to 5.1.1 Lollipop, [6.0 to 5.1.1]
- Download any of the Lollipop KDZ file from the link above for your G4 H818P.
- Now Download the LGUP tool and extract it.
- After extracting LGUP tool you will get two files. Install the DLL file first and then LGUP file on your PC.
- Now launch the LGUP tool on your PC.
- After that connect your LG G4 to the PC. LGUP will detect your phone and it will be listed on the LGUP tool screen like in the picture below.
- Now click on the upgrade option in LGUP and choose file path. Select the Marshmallow kdz file for your phone that you downloaded in the first step.
- There are different options to update LG G4 in the process section below. If you choose the Refurbish option, your phone will undergo a full factory installation and all the data will be erased.
- If you choose the Upgrade option then your data will not be erased and the phone will be updated.
- Now after all the above steps are done, press the Start button to begin the process and wait till the installation of the firmware completes.
- Your phone will automatically reboot after the completion. Wait till the homescreen shows up. First boot-up may take some time.
If you Get Stuck In LG Logo: Follow the instructions on that link if you are stuck at start-up screen or LG Logo. (Fix LG G4 Stuck On LG Logo)
So that's it. This was the tutorial to Downgrade LG G4 H818P to 5.1.1 Lollipop stock firmware. Now your G4 Dual is back on stock Lollipop OS. If you have any questions then ask in the comments below. Please share it and subscribe to our blog. Sharing buttons are below and subscription box is at the end.