Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100, P5110 and P5113 users can now have Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. It is not official update but it is Custom ROM flashing on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 via CM 13. Just follow the process below to Install CM13 Rom Marshmallow on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Android Marshmallow 6.0 is the latest Android version so everyone wants to taste it but not every Android device Can have this update. Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 was released in 2012. It is a tab with 10.1 inch display. Originally Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 came with 4.0.3 Ice cream sandwich and later on it got 4.1 jellybean and that was its last official update. But now they can run Android Marshmallow 6.0 on their Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.
The Credit for this update CyanogenMod 13 goes to XDA developers , CyanogenMod is most popular ROM community. Keep in mind that this ROM is only for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100, P5110 and P5113 .The process install CM 13 Rom Marshmallow on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100, P5110 and P5113 is given below.
CM13 For Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Installing CM 13 Marshmallow on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100, P5110 and P5113 is a piece of cake, all you need to do is follow our instructions carefully but keep in mind that this is a custom rom not the official firmware so it may contain some bugs but don’t worry. Overall it will work fine as CyanogenMod roms are on of the most reputable custom roms in Android OS.
Before proceeding make sure that
- Your phone should have battery at least 60 percent.
- Go to Settings>>About Phone and check the Model No.
- Your device should be Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100, P5110 or P5113. Installing this ROM on any other devices will result in bricking.
- Backup your important data like photos, videos, contacts, messages etc.
- It is recommended to create full nandroid bakup from the recovery.
- Your phone should have Custom Recovery installed.
The method is only for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 for above specified models. Flashing Custom ROMs voids the warranty of the device and it is an unofficial process , Do it on your own, in case of any mishap neither Company nor us ( droidopinions.com ) will be held responsible. If you are a newbie to Custom ROM installation do it under supervision of any person who knows it.
Download Required Files
Download file compatible with your phone model.
Download: CM13 Marshmallow P5100
Download: CM13 Marshmallow P5110
Download: CM13 Marshmallow P5113 (P5113 and P5510 Files are same. This will work properly).
Download: Google Apps (Universal for All).
Steps to Install CM13 Marshmallow on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
- First of all download the CM13 Rom and Google Apps from the links above on your PC or your phone. Do not extract the files.
- If you have downloaded the files on computer then connect your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to the computer and move both of the files to the phone internal storage.
- Turn your Tablet off now.
- Press and hold Volume Up+Power button for few seconds and release when recovery menu appears.
- In the recovery menu scroll down to the wipe cache partition and select and confirm the task. Now go the advance option of the recovery. There will be an option wipe dalvik cache, select it and confirm the task. It is not necessary though but helpful in clean installation of the Rom.
Note: You can scroll up and down by volume button and select by power button in the recovery mode.
- Now go back to the main recovery menu. Scroll down to the option install zip from sd card. Select it. It will take you to some other options. Now from there select the option choose zip from sd card.
- Find CM13 Marshmallow Custom Rom that you have downloaded in the first step.
- Now after finding the Rom which is in .zip file, select it and confirm the task to begin installation of the Rom. Wait for some time till the Rom installs completely.
- After the Rom is installed, again choose zip from sd card. Find the Google apps.zip file that you downloaded. Select it and confirm to install. Wait till it installs completely.
- After you have installed both the files i,e CM13 Rom and Google Apps, go back to the main recovery menu. Select the reboot system now option to restart your phone.
- Your device will now reboot with the new Marshmallow CM13 Custom Rom installed. Wait for some time. At first start up it would take some time to show up the homescreen. So, wait till your phone shows up the home screen and enjoy. And All Done!!!
If Phone Stops at Boot Screen: If your device is stuck at boot screen or Samsung logo then follow the instructions over here to fix the problem.
Enjoy the latest CM13 Rom Marshmallow on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. Comment below if you have any questions. Please share it and subscribe. Sharing buttons are below and subscription box is at the end.