We have a good news for all Sony Xperia M users and that is they can now taste the sweetness of the latest Android software Marshmallow on their devices. Follow this turotial to Update Sony Xperia M to 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 nightly rom. Marshmallow has a lot of new features and improvements but not every Android User is likely to receive official marshmallow update still there is a chance that you can snatch it for your device but unofficially by Flashing custom ROM. If you are aware of flashing custom roms then you might also be familiar with CyanogenMod.
CM ROMs are best custom ROMs for all Android devices and CM13 build nightlies are now available for Xperia M. It is based on Marshmallow 6.0 after flashing this you will see exciting features on your Xperia M and you will also notice improvements and good performance, so guys without any delay let's move to the tutorial to update Sony Xperia M to 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 rom nightly version.
Before installation do these things
- First of all Root your Xperia M and install ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery.
Install Sony Xperia M drivers for your PC because you'll be connecting your device with computer.
- Create a backup of all your important data like your Apps backup , contacts, Text data and other multimedia files.
- Enable USB debugging, go to settings > developers options > enable USB debugging. If you don't see developers options in settings enable it in About Phone option and tap build number for seven times.
- Fully Charge your phone or at least more than 70% so you may not face power shortage problem.
This tutorial is only for Sony Xperia M, do not try this on any other device or else if you want to brick your device do it. Flashing custom ROMs is unofficial and Voids device's warranty so do it on your own Risk, neither we(droidopinions.com) nor company will take responsibility of any mishap.
Download Required FIles
Update Sony Xperia M to 6.0 Marshmallow CM13, Steps
- First of all transfer the files cm13...zip and Gapps.zip to your device, connect your device with PC via USB cable to transfer and when done unplug it.
- Now you need to put your Xperia M into recovery mode. For this turn your device off completely and then press and hold power + volume up and home buttons simultaneously and release them when logo appears
- Now you are in recovery mode here first create a Nandroid backup so that in case of any mishap you always have an option to go back and restore,click options Advanced >backup and restore >backup to SD.
- Now to wipe all data on your device choose wipe data/factory reset and also wipe cache partition and wipe Dalvik Cache too in advance options.
- Now you need to install those two files click install zip option > choose zip from SD and here find CM13.Zip file and select and tap install.
- Wait for completion, once done again choose and install zip but this time Google apps (Gapps.zip).
- You are all done now go back to recovery menu and reboot your device.
First Boot will take some time but not more than 10 minutes if it is taking too long restart your device again Congrats! you've successfully installed Android marshmallow on your Sony Xperia M.
This was the method to Update Sony Xperia M to 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 nightly rom. Comment below for any questions. Share it and subscribe to our blog. Sharing buttons are below and subscription box is at the end.