Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is a monstrosity from all angles. It has a big screen, a tank like construction, a gigantic battery, the S-pen and a bunch of cameras. It is jammed pack with features. And sometimes these features get overwhelming. For Android purists like us, this is trouble. We want features but we don’t want bloatware. Whats the solution? Flash Pixel Experience on Galaxy Note 9.
We are so stoked that the guys at XDA were successful in implemented the Pixel Experience on Galaxy Note 9. Unfortunately they were only able to port it for the Exynos version. No luck for Snapdragon owners. Sorry!
Rooting and unlocking the bootloader are modifications that the device manufacturer didn’t intended. And as such these carry certain risks which involve unstable operation, partially working software or in some extreme cases the device getting bricked. So root your device at your own risk.
- Root access on your device
- A custom recovery like TWRP
- An up-to-date image of the Pixel Experience. Download from here
- A CSA2 based Vendor and firmware
- 60% to 70% charge
Step 1: Getting Root Access and Installing TWRP
Getting root access on your device depends on a number of things. First and foremost on the state of your device’s bootloader. If your device’s bootloader is unlocked it can be rooted otherwise trying to root your device with a locked bootloader will result in a bricked device. So our step 1 is to unlock the bootloader and install a custom recovery. We are going to be installing TWRP.
As it happens we have already written a pretty informative guide on Rooting the Galaxy Note 9 and installing TWRP. So follow that guide and come back so we can get Pixel Experience on Galaxy Note 9.
Step 2: Flashing Pixel Experience On Galaxy Note 9
Done with the rooting your device and have installed TWRP? Great! Now lets get the Pixel Experience running on your phone.
- Connect your phone to your PC and move the zip file of Pixel Experience into your devices internal storage
- Now disconnect your phone from your PC and turn it off
- Press and hold the power+volume up+ bixby button to put your phone in recovery mode
- Once your phone boots up into TWRP, tap on wipe and wipe delvik and system cache
- After wiping the delvik and system cache, tap on Install and navigate to the location where you placed the Pixel Experience zip file
- Once located, swipe to confirm the installation and wait for it to complete
- After the installation is complete go back to the main TWRP menu and tap on Reeboo > System
- The first boot may take upto 20 minutes so relax and wait
And thats it. Congratulations you now have an AOSP based custom ROM running on your Galaxy Note 9. And you don’t even have to install the Gapps since they already come bundled with the ROM. So enjoy your new Pixel-Esq experience. Have any questions? Want to share your experience with us? We would love to hear from you! Sound off in the comments down below.