Samsung Galaxy J5 has become very popular. It is a mid range smartphone of Samsung’s new Galaxy J series. Galaxy J5 has got very much attention among the Android users because of its design, affordable cost and its good features and performance. Galaxy J5 is released with 5.1 Lollipop OS. If you are a phone geek then you are probably here because you want you root your Galaxy J5. Today I will show you how you can Root Galaxy J5 J500FN and J500F running on 5.1 Lollipop. You can successfully root your Galaxy J5 using the instructions below. You can test the limits of your Galaxy J5 by rooting it. We will root Galaxy J5 J500FN and J500F using the Chainfire CF-Auto-Root file. Thanks to the Chainfire who have always been with us for rooting our phones.
So, if you are willing to know how you can root Galxaxy J5 then you are at the right place. You can root your precious Galaxy J5 by the most famous and fully working method. I will show you to properly root your Galaxy J5 J500FN/J500F by flashing CF-Auto Root on it. So get ready and follow the instructions below.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy J5 J500FN and J500F
Rooting is a way to get a full hold over the phone internal functions. Rooting the phone removes all the software internal restrictions that is applicable to the user. In short we can that root allows the user to manage the system functions and it give the super user access and app permissions in the hands of the user. We can all the third party operations on our phone if we have root access on it and software tends to do the third party operations on the demand of the User.
So, let’s start to root Galaxy J5. We will use Odin flash tool to install CF-Auto Root file on Galaxy J5 for rooting. Odin is Samsung’s official tool for flashing update files. Follow the instructions below carefully. However this is only for advance users who are familiar with this operation. Read the disclaimer and necessary instruction s before proceeding.
- This method is only for Galaxy J5 with model no SM-J500FN or SM-J500F. Do not try this on any other model. This is for advance users who are familiar what rooting is. If something wrong happens with your device during or after the process then droidopinions.com will not be held responsible. You will lose your phone’s warranty after rooting it. Thanks
Necessary Instructions before proceeding
- Check the model of your phone first by going to Settings>>About Phone. Make sure it is SM-J500FN or SM-J500F then proceed.
- Backup your important data like pictures, videos, messages and contacts etc for safety.
- Charge your phone up to 60% to avoid battery power issues.
- Your PC should have Samsung USB Drivers installed.
- Your phone’s data cable should be working properly.
What you will Need?
- Samsung Galaxy J5
- USB Data Cable
- A PC or Laptop
Download Required Files
These are the files which you will need to download to root Galaxy J5.
Download: CF-Auto-Root for J5 SM-J500FN
Download: CF-Auto-Root for j5 J500F
Download: Odin v3.09
Download: Samsung USB Drivers
Root Galaxy J5 J500FN or J500F, Steps
Follow the steps below to Root Galaxy J5.
- First of all download the CF-Auto-Root file compatible with your phone model from the links above. Extract the CF-Auto Root file after downloading it. You will get a tar.md5 file after extraction.
- Download Odin and extract it too.
- On your phone go to the Settings>>About Phone, scroll down and tap on Build No seven times repeatedly. This will enable developer options on your phone.
- Now go back. Open Developer Options and enable USB Debugging mode.
- Now turn off your phone.
- Enter into download mode by pressing and holding Home+Volume Down+Power button until a warning screen appears. Now press the Volume Up button to get into download mode.
- After that Run Odin flash tool on your computer
- Connect your Galaxy J5 to the computer. Odin will detect your device and ID:COM box in Odin will turn blue.
- After that click on the AP button in Odin and choose the extracted CF-Auto Root file which is in tar.md5 format, downloaded in the first step.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset time is enabled and every other option is unchecked.
- After selecting the file, click on the Start button to begin the process. Odin will start flashing the Auto Root file to Root Galaxy J5.
- Wait for some time till the process completes. When the process completes Odin will show the PASS message on the Screen.
- Your device will now automatically reboot. disconnect the cable from the device. Wait for you device to show up the homescreen. At first start you device might take some time to show the home screen so, have patience. And All Done!!
So guys, now you have successfully rooted your device. Hope you like our tutorial to Root Galaxy J5 J500FN and J500F on Lollipop OS. If you have any problem or question then ask in the comments sections.