Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge are two Flagship devices of Samsung for the year 2016. Both are awesome smartphones with latest tech and improved features. The root for Galaxy S7 and S7 edge is available. If you want to root Galaxy S7 or S7 edge then this guide will show the most famous and authentic method to that with CF-Auto-Root file.
Rooting an android
Rooting an android completely opens up Android and improves its overall performance. Rooting automates everything on Android and speeds up the phone. Some of rooting uses are, after rooting you can block ads in any app , you can make incompatible apps compatible, you can flash Custom ROMs and you access many inaccessible features. We will show you the Chainfire's auto root method to root Galaxy S7 and S7 edge.
Rooting Android device voids it's warranty and it is a bit risky process, so do it on your own risk. In case something goes wrong with your phone then droidopinions.com will not be held responsible.
Download these files
Root Galaxy S7 or S7 edge, Steps
Before proceeding make sure you've Samsung USB drivers installed on your PC and also you have Odin v3.10.6.exe on.your PC.
- Download CF Auto Root.zip from the above links compatible with your galaxy S7 variant.
- Extract these files on your PC using winRAR or any other unzipping tool, you'll see tar.md5 file.
- Extract Odin on your PC.
- Now open Odinv3.10.6 exe on your computer and after that on your device enable OEM unlock, for doing this go to settings > developer options > OEM unlock and enable it. If you don't see developer options in settings menu, go to about phone and here tap build number option for seven times.
- Now boot your device into Download mode. To do so, turn off your device completely and then press and hold Volume down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously and release them when you see warning screen. Press volume up button and you will enter download mode.
- Now open Odin program on PC and connect your S7 or S7 edge with computer via USB cable. In Odin you'll see ID:COM option box will turn blue.
- Now tick the AP option in Odin and choose your CF-auto-root.tar.md5 file which you've recently extracted.
- Make sure that on Odin screen only auto reboot and F.reset time options are ticked
- Now press the start button and, that's it.
Note: Your Galaxy S7 won't show any output because CFAR's display code is yet not compatible with S7. So just leave it for few minutes and it'll reboot few times and you will get root access.
Congrats! Your S7 is now rooted, if you want to verify root access then install Root checker from Play store and it'll tell you that your phone is rooted.
If you like our tutorial to root Galaxy S7 or S7 edge then please share it and subscribe. Sharing buttons are below and subscription box is at the end. Any questions can be asked in the comments below. Bye!!