Update LG G4 H815 / H811 / VS986 to Marshmallow with LGUP tool
LG G4 was the the first smartphone before Nexus to get Android Marshmallow Update. Different models of LG G4 got the Marshmallow update. You can update LG G4 H815 / H811 / VS986 to Marshmallow by following the instructions here. We will use LGUP Tool to update the respective Phone models to the latest Android 6.0 firmware. As far as I know the most easiest way to upgrade LG G4 to Marshmallow is using LGUP tool because you don’t need to go into download mode and chances for phone being messed up neither does it require any expert person.
So to update LG G4 to Marshmallow with LGUP tool, you just have to perform the method that is explained here in today’s guide. Marshmallow has a lot of new features and improvements and you can check them out by updating your G4 H815 / H811 / VS986 to Marshmallow. However if you do’t like the update as some users reported the bad battery timing in 6.0 then there is still a way to downgrade your LG G4.
Updating LG G4 to Marshmallow Official
Updating your LG G4 is very simple. The Marshmallow kdz file for LG G4 is flashed very easily and smoothly with LGUP. You don’t need to be an advance user. It is completly safe with almost zero risks. If you didn’t receive the official marshmallow update via OTA in your region then you can use this tutorial to manually update your phone.
This method works only with LG G4 having models H815, H811, VS986. Do not try this on any other model. Follow the instructions given here carefully in case something goes wrong with your device then Droidopinions.com will not be responsible. Thanks
Necessary Instructions Before Proceeding
- Before proceeding please check your phone’s model by going to Settings>>About Phone. Make sure it is the model specified above then proceed.
- It is highly recommended to back up the important files like contacts, messages, photos and videos etc.
- Charge your device up to 70% to avoid power failure issues.
- Your PC should have LG USB Drivers installed.
- LG G4 (specified models above)
- PC or a Laptop
- USB Data Cable
Download Required Files
Download: Marshmallow kdz G4 VS986
Download: Marshmallow kdz G4 H811
Download: Marshmallow kdz G4 H815
Download: LGUP Tool
Download: LG Mobile Drivers
Steps to Update Verizon LG G4 VS986 to Marshmallow Official OS
- Download the compatible Marshmallow KDZ file for your G4 from above links.
- Now Download the LGUP tool and extract it.
- After extracting LGUP tool you will get two files. Install the DLL file first and then LGUP file on your PC.
- Now launch the LGUP tool on your PC.
- After that connect your LG G4 to the PC. LGUP will detect your phone and it will be listed on the LGUP tool screen like in the picture below.
- Now click on the upgrade option in LGUP and choose file path. Select the Marshmallow kdz file compatible with your phone model that you downloaded in the first step.
- There are different options to update LG G4 in the process section below. If you choose the Refurbish option, your phone will undergo a full factory installation and all the data will be erased.
- If you choose the Upgrade option then your data will not be erased and the phone will be updated.
- After you have done all the above steps. Chose any update option and click on the Start button to update G4 to Marshmallow and wait for sometime till the process completes. Leave the phone free while it is upgrading. When it completes your device will reboot automatically. You can then unplug your cable.
And thats is it. You have successfully updated your LG G4 to the latest Android 6.0 firmware. Hope you like our tutorial to update LG G4 to Marshmallow with LGUP. If you have any questions then ask in the comments below. Please share it and subscribe. Sharing buttons are below and subscription box is at the end.