The old Galaxy Note 2 N7100 can now run Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with Slim6 custom ROM. Note 2 N7100 is not going to get official Android 6.0.1 update that's why if you want to run Marshmallow on your Note 2 flash this amazing Slim6 custom ROM. Slim6 is a new ROM and it has useful features and many customizations other Marshmallow features will make your experience much better so, get set and follow this guide to flash this ROM on your Note 2 N7100. To Flash a custom ROM on an Android device you need a custom recovery like CWM, TWRP etc and these recoveries need a rooted device. So, root your Note 2 and install a custom recovery to flash Slim6 ROM.
Custom Roms are always a better decision if you want up to date OS cooked for your phone. So, let's start to update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Marshmallow Slim6 Rom
This tutorial is only intended for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100, Do Not try this on any other device or else you will end bricking it. If anything goes wrong with Flashing, neither Company nor us (droidopinions) will take its responsibility. However if you follow the instructions carefully you won't face any problems.
- You should root your device and install any custom recovery like CWM or TWRP in order to flash a custom rom.
- Must backup your important so you shouldn't lose any data in case of any mishap.
- Charge your phone battery upto 60% to avoid battery issues.
- Enable USB debugging mode in Settings > developers options. Go to settings > About phone > and tap build number for seven times to enable developers options and then enable USB debugging.
Files to download
Slim6 Rom Note 2 N7100 | link
Google apps, Gapps | link
Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Marshmallow Slim6 Rom
- 1. Download ROM and Gapps files, then connect your device with PC using USB cable.
- 2. Transfer both the files to the SD card root folder.
- 3. Now unplug it from PC and turn it off.
- 4. Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume up + Home and Power buttons simultaneously.
- 5. Now you are in recovery mode here perform factory reset full data wipe, tap wipe data/factory reset option.
- 6. Now, clear cache, tap wipe cache partition and also clear the Dalvik cache in advanced option.
- 7. Now tap install zip from sdcard followed by Choose zip from sdcard and select Slim6 ROM file.
- 8. Tap start, the Flashing will begin, once done again install zip this time Gapps zip file.
- 9. Flashing is done now, go back to the main menu and tap reboot system now.
Your Device will reboot and first time it will take a little long, so be patient. If device fails to show up homescreen and continuosly showing boot logo then follow these instructions to solve this.
All Done Guys. You are successful to update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Marshmallow Slim6 Custom Rom. If you have any problems drop a comment below. Please share it and subscribe to out blog.