Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 is an old and popular Android Smartphone. Samsung is not releasing any new update for this device but users can install latest Android version Marshmallow on it with Bliss Custom ROM. It is not official as it is a custom ROM but after flashing this ROM your S2 will perform brilliantly fast. It has many customizations and tons of Marshmallow features and are working properly. So if you are willing to run Marshmallow on your Galaxy S2 to enhance its performance follow this guide, we’ll show you the entire process of flashing this ROM.
Before Flashing this ROM on your Galaxy S2 you’ll need to root it first and also a custom recovery CWM or TWRP installed on it, CWM is more suitable for S2.
This tutorial of flashing Bliss Rom is only for Galaxy S2 I9100, Do not try this on any other device or S2 variants. Do it on your own risk, In case if something goes wrong during the process we won’t be held responsible. However if you will follow the instructions carefully there is less chance of failure.
1. Backup your entire Data as this process will erase all the data on your device. Create backup of Apps, contacts, Messages and other multimedia files. You can also use custom recovery to backup your data safely.
2. Download and install Samsung USB drivers on PC.
3. Root your S2 and install CWM recovery on it.
4. Enable USB debugging in settings under Developer options.
5. Make sure it has Charging at least 70% to avoid power shortage issue.
Download these files
Bliss Rom Android Marshmallow I9100 | link
Gapps file | link
Flash Marshmallow Bliss Rom on Galaxy S2 I9100
- 1. Download Bliss Rom and Gapps and then connect your S2 with PC using USB cable.
- 2. Transfer both the files to your Device SD card.
- 3. Now unplug your Device and turn it completely off.
- 4. Boot your S2 into recovery mode, to do so press and hold Volume up + Home and Power buttons simultaneously.
- 5. Now you’re in Recovery menu, here wipe system data, tap wipe data/ factory reset. After that wipe Cache, tap wipe cache partition and also Dalvik Cache in Advanced option.
- 6. Now you won’t get boot loop error.
- 7. Start the installation process, tap install zip from SD card followed by Choose zip from SD card, locate and select ROM file and start Flashing.
- 8. When Rom file is flashed go back again and install Gapps file the same way.
- 9. Its done, go back to main menu and tap ‘reboot system now’ option.
- 10. Your Device will reboot and first time it will take about 5 minutes and you’ll see Bliss Marshmallow ROM running on your Galaxy S2 I9100.
If Device Stucks at Bootscreen: If device is stuck at bootscreen or samsung logo then follow these instructions to fix.
That was it. Hope you like our tutorial to update Galaxy S2 I911 to Marshmallow via Bliss Custom rom. If you are facing any problem then comment below. Please share it and subscribe our blog.