How to Get Galaxy S6 Marshmallow G920F Update Official
Recently the Galaxy S6 Marshmallow update for the G920F model has been released. Some users already got the update via OTA but all the other users who didn’t get the update can manually Update S6 to Marshmallow via Odin. The Marshmallow S6 update is definitely on its way to reach the other regions but if you are impatient to install 6.0 Marshmallow on your Galaxy S6 then this article is for you. The update is also released for Note 5 and S6 Edge
The users who are in a region where Android M is not yet available but they want to update Galaxy S6 G920F to Android 6.0 then they can do it manually by flashing the 6.0 firmware file on the phone. So, those who want S6 Marshmallow update should follow the method below. Let’s Start.
- This method is only for Galaxy S6 model no G920F. Do not try this on any other model. This is the manual update process and if some thing goes wrong with your phone during or after the process then we Droidopinions.com will not be held responsible. Try this at your own risk only. The firmware is official.
Necessary Instructions Before Proceeding
Before installing the S6 Marshmallow update, keep these instructions into account.
- Fist check the model of your device by going to settings>>about phone. Make sure it’s Sm-G920F then proceed.
- Backup your important data like photos, videos, contacts, messages etc because you may lose your data if need to reset the device.
- Charge your phone up to 70% to minimize risk of low battery.
- Your PC should have Samsung USB Drivers installed.
Download Required Files
Download: Marshmallow Galaxy S6 G920F
Download: Odin Flash Tool
Download: Samsung USB Drivers
Galaxy S6 Marshmallow Update G920F, Steps to Install
- First download the 6.0 Marshmallow OS from the links above and extract the firmware. You will get a tar.md5 extension file after extracting the firmware.
- Now download Odin and extract it too.
- After that, on your phone, go to settings>>developer options, scroll down to USB Debugging Mode and enable it.
- If you do not find developer options then you can activate them by going to settings>>about phone and tapping on build no seven times. This will enable developer options on your phone.
- Now turn off your phone after enabling the USB Debugging mode.
- Enter into download mode by pressing Home+Volume Down+Power button for few seconds until the warning screen appears. Press the volume up button from the warning screen to confirm the task.
- Launch Odin flash tool on your computer.
- Connect your Galaxy S6 to computer. Odin will detect your phone and ID”COM box in Odin will turn blue.
- Now click on AP option in Odin and select the Galaxy S6 Marshmallow firmware (tar.md5) that you downloaded and extracted in the Step-1.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are checked in Odin.
- After you have done all the above steps, finally click on the Start button to begin the process.
- After clicking on the start button Odin will start installing the firmware on your device. It will take some time to complete the process so it is better to leave the phone free while it is being updated.
- After the completion Odin will show PASS message on the screen and your device will automatically reboot.
Note: If Odin stucks at any point then, unplug the cable, reconnect again and repeat the whole process
- Disconnect the cable from the device when it restarts and wait for some time. Your phone may take some time at first Start-up to show up the home screen so, wait till the home screen shows . And All Done!!
If Phone Stuck on Boot Screen / Samsung Logo: If your phone is stuck on Startup screen or Samsung Logo then follow these Instructions. (Fix Galaxy Stuck on Startup screen)
And that’s it. The G920F Galaxy S6 Marshmallow Update tutorial ends here. Hope you update Galaxy S6 to Marshmallow. If you have any questions then ask in the comments below. Please share it and subscribe for Android news, updates and tips. Sharing buttons are below and subscription box is at the end.