How to Root Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 (on any stock firmware) Easily With CF-Auto Root
Galaxy Note 3 is a famous Samsung android smartphone, a successor to the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. The Samsung Galaxy Note series is really popular and is owned by a large number of Android lovers. One of the best reason for the popularity of Samsung Galaxy Note series is that it has a famous Stylus, S-pen. Galaxy Note 3 is admired by all the peoples who love personalization and creativity. The famous S-pen enables the users to write notes and do the office work very easily. It has been observed that Galaxy Note 3 seems to be the best companion of office persons because it provides all the necessary basic needs of employees due to its best creativity features and personalizatoin options.
As like its features, the Galaxy Note 3 also has one of the great hardware, specs and display. Al though it has a Successor now i,e Galaxy Note 4 but still it has not lost its importance. Galaxy Note 3 has a an awesome 5.7” Super AMOLED display, 1080/1920 resolution having 386 ppi. It has a 13 megapixels camera which can record 4k video. It is backed up by Exynos Octa 5410 processor 3 gegabytes of ram and 32/64 GB storage expandable by a 64 GB micro SD Card. The phone comes in six beautiful colors, White, Pink, Black, Rose gold black, Rose gold white and Merlot red.
As time flows by many of the users get to know about their phone and want to get full access over their phone. They want to do many things on their phone like installing custom recovery, flash custom roms, overclocking the CPU etc and for this purpose they need to root their phone. As rooting the phone removes all the internal restrictions and thus user gains full access over his phone.
Today i am going to share with you how to root your Galaxy Note 3. If you have a Galaxy Note 3 and you want to root your phone then you are at the right place. I’m gonna make this very simple and every one can root his Galaxy Note 3 without any issues by following the method below.
Note: This method is only for Galaxy Note 3 model no SM-N900 so, don't try this on any other model or else you will brick your phone. If some thing wrong happens with your phone then Droidopinions.com will not be held responsible for that so, do it at your own risk. This method works with all Samsung stock firmwares of Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 i,e Jellybean, Kitkat and Lollipop.
Rooting the phone will void your warranty and you will trip the KNOX counter of your Galaxy Note 3. We are not forcing you to do this so, try it at your own risk.
- Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900
- USB Data Cable
- A PC or Laptop
Necessary Instructions Before Proceeding
- Confirm the model of your Galaxy Note 3 by going to Settings>>General>>About Phone>>Model No.
- Back up your important stuff like contacts, messages, photos, videos so that you may not loose them if something goes wrong and you have to reset your phone.
- The battery of your phone should be charged to maximum (above 60%) to avoid the power failure issue.
- Make sure that the USB data cable of your device is perfectly working.
- Your PC should have Samsung USB drivers installed.
- Now to Settings>>General>>Developer Options and enable the USB Debugging Mode. If you do not find any developer options the go to Settings>>General>>About Phone and tap on the Model number seven times, this will enable the developer options.
Download Required Files
Download Odin 3.09.exe
Download Samsung USB Drivers
Steps to Root Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 Using CF-Auto Root
- First of all extract the downloaded CF-Auto root file to get a CF-Auto-Root-ha3g-ha3gxx-smn900 tar.md5 file extension and extract Odin.
- On your Phone go to settings>>Developer Options>>USB Debugging Mode, enable it. If you don’t find developer options in the settings then go to Settings>>About Phone and tap on Build Number seven times repeatedly. This will activate Developers options on your phone.
- Turn of your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 and go into download mode by pressing and holding Home+Power+Volume Down button for about 5 seconds. A warning screen will appear, press the Volume Up button to continue and your phone will be put to Download Mode.
- Now run the Odin on your PC.
- Connect your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 to your PC while it is in download mode. When the device is successfully connected to the PC one of the ID:COM Box of Odin will be highlighted. If your phone is not detected then you should download Samsung USB drivers from above link and install on your PC.
- In the Odin click on AP option and select file CF-Auto-Root-ha3g-ha3gxx-smn900 tar.md5 that you have extracted in the first step.
- Now check the procedure again for any mistakes.
- Now click on the Start button and wait for some time.
- The installation will begin and it will take some time to complete. After the installation is completed the Pass message will appear on Odin.Wait for the device to restart and then unplug the cable.
That’s it guys. Thanks for following my tutorial. Hope you have rooted your phone. Share and Like to support.
- Best andoid app for watching movies and tv shows for free
- Share files between iPhone and Android
- Fix Google Play Store Error
Check and Verify If You Have Rooted Your Phone Successfully
If you want to check the root access on your phone then find the Super SU app in app drawer or you can install Root checker app from Google play store to verify your root access. Simply open the root checker app and click on Verify Root Access.